LegacyGT.com

Jammed CD player and other stuff

gt06unlimited

So, my CD player load/eject mechanism is jammed and my CD player does not work. My question is which is most cost effective... fixing the factory radio and applying a CleanSweep (or similar) product, or ordering the JDM dash kit mentioned on here and switching to a double DIN radio. I like the way the factory radio looks but if I have to send the radio out to be repaired or replaced, its probably cheaper to buy the dash kit and new radio. of course it depends on which head unit I buy, I'm more or less looking for what other people have done in this case.

I did my best to see inside the CD slot but those little fabric flaps get in the way... I cant see a CD stuck in there, but if I try to insert a CD it makes it about an inch before it binds. =(

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Had the same issue. I ended up taking the whole system apart just to get the jammed CDs out. I had to remove the head unit and then disassemble it. While you cannot get all the way to the magazine you can get to the mecanism and manually turn the gears that drive the eject. I did this an greased it up and pop...all of the CDs came out. I stuck a dummy back in and it jammed again...so I just consider it dead to me now.

• 1 month later...
Had the same issue. I ended up taking the whole system apart just to get the jammed CDs out. I had to remove the head unit and then disassemble it. While you cannot get all the way to the magazine you can get to the mecanism and manually turn the gears that drive the eject. I did this an greased it up and pop...all of the CDs came out. I stuck a dummy back in and it jammed again...so I just consider it dead to me now.

mrmegadeth, based from your experience, do you think it's possible for me to take out the 6 CD changer unit from my car and replaced it with the single CD player from 05-06 unit?

My 6 CD changer jammed too. I'm planning to take the system apart and try to unjammed it just like you did. I was just wondering if it's possible at all to replace it with the single CD unit.... :confused:

I had a jam problem when the first jazzy kit came out. You can attribute the line in the instructions to "eject all CDs first" to me.

I was able to turn it right side up and come down through the top with a scribe to put the CDs back into place. I then connected the large harness to the back and powered it up and ejected the CDs, they reloaded fine.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

I managed to disassemble the CD changer and take all the CDs out. Unfortunately, though the load mechanism appears to be working, it won't take the CD and play it. It would try to play the CD but then ejects it after making some noises. I just consider it dead now.

• 4 months later...
my cd player just did this and I took it apart and fixed the stuck cd, but when i got it put back together it didn't work at all, it is almost like there was never a cd player option in the stereo. The screen doesn't even recognize that there are cd's in there and when you press cd on the right side button nothing happens. I am hoping I can install my leptronix and it will still work.

• 4 years later...

Archived