LegacyGT.com

CEL codes for both the O2 Sensor and misfires on the first through third cylinders...

Alright so I got back from autozone last night where I was getting my CEL read and the guy there said that my car was throwing codes for the first through third cylinders misfiring as well as the O2 sensor being bad (he didn't say whether it was the front or rear but I can get the exact codes when I get home from work)...my question was how bad is it for me to keep my car on the road with these codes up? I've been driving it for about a week and a half since the CEL first came on and I finally had time to bring it to autozone last night so I'm hoping that this isn't something that is a huge deal where I shouldn't drive the car until I can pay to get it fixed...

Also he said that since those 4 codes were being thrown that it might just be spark plugs that need replacing or the oil needing to be changed (which the CEL came on right around 3500 miles after I bought the car so I'm getting the oil changed ASAP to see if that will reset the CEL). He said that it could however be both O2 sensors, the spark plugs, the oil change, air filters and a few other things so that got me scared about how bad this is for the car. I'm gonna be rolling over 100k miles in about 750 miles so I'm hoping for this to be an easy fix...

Thanks for any help!

PM Nrw he has a contact at Bren Tuning they can take care of you.

FYI the plugs should be chaged every 60k. The oil will not effect a CEL for your issues.

You'll want to get the car off the OEM MAP, it's not perfect and a Tuner can do better.

The air filter is simple to check and replace if it's needed.

Neil can help you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Alright thanks guys...I'm assuming the plugs were changed at 60k just based on what I can remember from the service history but I'll definitely check and change them as and I'll PM Nrw as well, too bad I just moved out of Worcester (I hated the city but I lived just down the street from Bren Tuning without even knowing it haha).

Archived