LegacyGT.com

Noise while boosting in 2005 legacy gt

I have a noise while boosting in every gear and i have no idea wheres its at. I have no lose in power and my turbo is in perfect shape. When i hit around 5 psi and on i can hear a noise kinda sounding like a jack brake on a big rig like somthings sucking for air. I still hit peak boost but have no idea what it is any ideas?

Then we have to wait for people with stage 2 to chime in. Since we can't actually hear your engine sound, it's hard to diagnose. But my current guess would be that since you're stage 2, turbo may be sucking more air now, thereby hearing the wooosh sound coming from the air intake better than before. I may be wrong.

• I Donated
but a thicker gasket on my up pipe where it bolts to the turbo unless its where it bolts to the header

Could be either. And is the UP-to-turbo gasket the stacked sheetmetal type, or that metallic paper stuff?

I have a stage 2 tune with aftermarket up/down and stock filter. I have quite a noticeable turbo sound under any kind of boost, though I bought the car in its current setup so I can't vouch for before and after stage 2.

If it's not the gasket it could be your wastegate which is natural. As you build the boost in your car the wg will go fap fap! :spin: it prevents your car from overboosting. I'm sure someone else will chime in

—Pirated Tapatalk app

Archived