LegacyGT.com

Not hitting target boost after taper?

black318i

Here are my targets from peak on. Everything looks pretty good until about 5k on. Well at redline it looks good too, but what the heck is going on in between? I have raised WGDC Initial and max by nearly 20%, but it hasn't helped much at all. For the longest time my boot has been fine. The only thing that changed was an engine rebuild (stock specs), but this happened a little while after the rebuild. Any ideas? Atmospheric pressure here is 14.65.

4000=18

4800=17

5200=16.2

5800=15

6200=14

6600=13

7000=11

VF46

Perrin TMIC

GS BCS

STI OEM UP

Catted 3" TBE (stock cans)

boost.csv

Seriously no one? 20% should have got me closer than .1-.2 psi. I plan on adding 10% or more this weekend, but I'm willing to bet it does not get me anywhere. Do I really have to run 80-90% WGDC with a 3 port? This wasn’t the case a few weeks ago. Could it be a mechanical issue? If so wouldn't that affect peak too, because I can hit peak just fine.

No pill needed for a 3 port. Check the bleed/vent port on the BCS. Does it vent to atmosphere or back into the turbo inlet pipe? Make sure that vacuum line is large enough and clear too. Does the WG flapper sit flush and tight against the door on the turbo? Pull the DP and check that too.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

those are pretty much the limits of the vf46, no

Was at work earlier so I couldn't see the log. You are right....That turbo is maxed out. I thought he wasn't hitting his targets listed above.

OP...Do us a favor...Do another 3rd gear pull but start from 2K-6.5K

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

I guess it did just need WGDC tweaking. Not sure what changed, but I used to hit my targets and only had WGDC ramped up a few % from peak to redline now it's ramped up 30%. I didn't check anything mechanical yet which I probably should have done first. I'm going to at least check the vac lines this weekend. Thanks for all the input guys.

romraiderlog_20110107_215856.csv

Archived