LegacyGT.com

New to Logging

SpeedNeeder

Well, I'm not quite new - years ago I did a few logs, on some program Ecusomething??? I thought I might try to learn how to do this tuning thing. So I am starting by making sure all systems are currently healthy.

I have read on the forums that boost builds higher at lower RPMs in higher gears, which makes sense, but I wanted to see to what magnitude, so I created the attached log - 5th gear floored from 1500 rpm until I reached the speed limit. I was amazed at how high the boost was by 3000 rpms!? Maybe I logged the wrong pressure?

romraiderlog_20100624_161435.csv

I also attached a learning view capture after my logging runs. Looks pretty good to me, except for the A/F learning at low load is off and the P0302??? Maybe the new plugs this weekend will take care of that? I have gotten the P0302 twice now in the last couple months since I installed a catless DP. I don't know how they could be related, but strictly chronologically they are.

55166372_LearningView_SS_6-24-201040931PM.jpg.5ccefcedabeb01baed2fee830673d1c7.jpg

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

Your aftermarket DP would explain the higher than normal boost and the P0420 code. You need to get a tune to disable that code. You are running a bit lean above 40 g/s, which is the crucial figure to watch. Again, you really need a tune, as well as replacing your catted up. It will allow for faster spool and rid you pre-mature turbo failure from your cat breaking up and sucking into the turbo.

Lean up top? Is that what negatives mean in the A/F Learning table?

I think that makes sense - The MAF is seeing more air than it's getting, so it's cutting back on the reading? They A/F learning is still pretty close up top isn't it?

I was more interested in the larger adjustment at low load. I will check the filter and the MAF this weekend and see what that does to the learning table.

I'm probably going to try to learn how to shut off the P0420 myself, but I may just put the catted DP back instead. I have only gotten the CEL right after WOT runs, and I miss having my cruise control!

The higher priority is to change out my plugs and see if that pesky P0302 I have gotten twice now goes away (both since I put in the catless DP on), or if there is something more sinister going on...

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

You are logging some interesting parameters there, mostly useless ones. You are logging the correct boost.

Your AFR D is fine, you are not running lean in the top end. The ECU is pulling fuel out. 0.6 is nothing though.

EDIT: and don't worry about that number at the low end. It can be dialed in more for sure, but that number moves around a lot. That number is your AFR correction JUST at idle. Nothing to worry about there.

LOL, i know the parameters are not the typical 'tuning' parameters, they are just parameters that I wanted to see, like IDC for example. This being my first logs with RR.

Thanks for the info.

You are logging some interesting parameters there, mostly useless ones. You are logging the correct boost.

Your AFR D is fine, you are not running lean in the top end. The ECU is pulling fuel out. 0.6 is nothing though.

EDIT: and don't worry about that number at the low end. It can be dialed in more for sure, but that number moves around a lot. That number is your AFR correction JUST at idle. Nothing to worry about there.

Yes, the lower AFR ranges are not off enough to worry. Although -.6% isn't too lean, you don't want it to rise above -1%. You have an 05, so you can buy the cheap ebay cable to log and make changes to your map. It will also allow you to disable the low cat code.

I think my first tune will be ONLY disabling the P0420! I need to read more about the mickeyd stage 1 map on romraider.

Turns out I won't be getting my spark plugs today :( I need to do some online shopping this weekend - I can't find anyone around here that has them in stock, not even the dealer 45 miles away!

The misfire could be alot of things. Plugs, coil pack, crap gas. I have a friend running Cobb OTS Stage2 and he was getting misfire codes. Finally he told me where he was getting gas and that was the problem. Switched fuel andf the misfire went away. you could swap a coil pack around and see if the missfire follows.

Archived