LegacyGT.com

(possibly)Trading in 2.5i to 3.6R Question

IcEWoLF

Looking at this, I might be getting 85% back for the 2.5i since its been 600 miles.

I found out recently my employee added ViP program with Subaru and I might be able to get the 3.6R Premium for 26k.

Now, if I get 18000$ - for my trade in (just to say my estimate right now) That would most likely put 2000$ towards the new loan.

So if the loan amount is 28000$ including taxes then deducting 2000$ from it, it would leave me around 26000$ to pay.

Right now my loan amount left is 15.5k left, original amount financed was 20,799$ which included a 3500$ down payment.

Looking at everything, I am loosing 6000$+?

Am I miscalculating or missing something here?

Taxes, license, etc eat a big chunk of things.

Just consider your down payment completely lost then calculate things from there. You can look at how much more you'd owe on a loan if you upgraded.

2.5i loan left = 15.5k

2.5i trade-in = 18.0k

Amount toward 3.6R = 2.5k

3.6R price = 28k (is this right?)

Taxes, fees = 2.5k (rough guess, not sure if 28k included taxes/fees)

3.6R final price = 30.5k

30.5k - 2.5k = 28k new loan.

Cost to upgrade from 2.5i to 3.6R = 28k-15.5k = 12.5k

This assumes 0% interest, at a 3.5% interest rate difference is even more pronounced because your loan amount has doubled.

So the question to you is, is it worth 13k to go from a 2.5i to a 3.6R?

Sorry, getting back looking at the invoice prices, seems like they went down to 25k according to edmund and Kbb.

I hope to see 18k trade in (might not happen) and 24 for the car (2%) invoice price.

But yeah, if it comes down to that much, then we can all forget about it.

I am thinking about holding out for another year, payoff the loan then get a 2011 model? is there a 2011 legacy really coming out?

Subaru will be halting all legacy production immediately before the 2011 sales year

Is this a joke?

Anyways, Looking back, here are the gains.

Moon Roof 1k+

fog lights 400$

iphone media option : 300$

Leather sits 1000$?

Wood trim ?

17" rims+tires 1200$?

Last but not least, v6 engine.

After doing some more math if I were to get 18 for trade and 24 for buy price (excluding taxes) I'd be down by 7k+, taxes would be another 2k, so it be 9k.

Then minus the benefits up top against, then it seems to be a decent deal.

Yes he's joking. You can order a 2011 now, with delivery expected in late June / early July. Unfortunately, there aren't many details available on the 2011 models yet, but you can order them. I had this option when I went in on Tuesday, but didn't want to wait (just waiting for 2010 to come from the plant is hard enough!).

I'm pretty sure that the trade in comes off the pre-tax price (don't take my word for it, confirm this with your dealer). The taxes on the new car would be somewhat lower (24-18 = 6k taxable).

Also note that your VIP pricing from your company might not be invoice-2%. My employer is eligible for VIP pricing, but it's at invoice. I used my IMBA membership to get invoice-2%.

The taxes on the new car would be somewhat lower (24-18 = 6k taxable).

In California, the taxes are on the purchase price. Your trade-in and rebates both come after taxes. You could confirm if the same is true in Nevada.

That catch got me pretty good when I wave buying my LGT. Subaru had a nice rebate on outgoing '09s. I was estimating the taxes/fees on the post-rebate price, and so I wound up going over my budget by a few hundred (wife was NOT pleased).

Guest heightsgtltd

Wise decision OP, sometimes you gotta live with the decisions you make ;)

It'd been one thing if you wanted to switch to an entirely different car. The enormous hit doesn't make sense just for a new engine and a couple of convenience features

Archived