LegacyGT.com

JDM swap with my EJ25D

I was told that my EJ25 has crank end play and was wondering if anybody else has had this problem? I also have been thinking of just doing a JDM swap with my car considering that my motor has 142000 miles on it and the valves seem to be a bit noisy. I want to see if anybody has done this and what kind of work it intails, I am told that if you just change the intake manifold that it swaps right into my 97 legacy gt

you can get a jdm ej25 that will be identical to your current engine everything will be able to swap over, and if you get an ej25 you dont need to worry about swapping your computer or anything.

its only if you do a ej257 or other turbo swap where the wiring and computers make the job alot harder

look for the newest ej25s that you can because even japs got bad headgaskets.

try and go for 98 or higher if you can because thats when they started using better gaskets

Why would you want to do a 2.2l ecu? wouldnt you get less power because it was programed for a lower power motor? I just worry about getting one that is still junk like what I have. Does anybody have any good places they would say to get the jdm motor? I found attarco.com and tiger japanese that both are good priced.

Thats the main place that I have been thinking of getting the motor from. What kind of mileage to the tank are you getting with your new motor? And what things do I need to look for when I go to get the new motor?

im getting around 20-22mpg city, i have a full 2.5" exhaust that may add 1-2mpg

i had mine shipped, the only bad things were that it was all covered in battery acid (cleaned right off tho) and the timing belt cover was broke (it happened in transit)

many of those engines have roughly 30k miles on them

make sure that if your engine has egr, you get or swap a usdm intake manifold that has egr tapped into it as well,

Thats sick! do you think that the headers made a big difference? And what did they cost? The wife is trying to not let me do all the things that I want to, haha I got news for her... she will love it when its done

i have a vid clip on youtube of the cat-back, it sounded pretty good, but once i put the headers on it was completely awesome! i'm gettin some good mpg too...still around 21-24, they only cost ..$150 shipped i think, my girlfriend loves it, your wife will too, haha

Thats not bad at all. I hope to be able to get my car going on all the new goods soon. First i have to get the motor I think then worry about getting the rest of the good stuff. yours is a 5 speed right? and if so does the shifter have alot of play in it when you are in gears?

Archived