LegacyGT.com

headlight replacement

downtoearth

well it's finally time.

my friend back into be a few months ago and only busted 1 headlight :icon_evil:icon_evil

so i have one crystal clear perfect headlight and a pretty miserable one.

today i went out to my car and its filled with water

i'm using this as an excuse to get a new headlight

anyone have any suggestions where to buy?

are the all he headlights i'm finding online that are "oem comparable" exactly the same? i don't want to end up with two crystal clear perfect headlights that look different...

better question... anyone have an in near mint condition drivers side headlight for sale...

thanks for the help!

will check out the FS section

on Subaru parts online, they offer the headlight assembly and lens and housing

Whats the difference?

Would a lens and housing work for just replacing my headlight?

https://www.subaruonlineparts.com/oempartscat.html?osCsid=73338ad4b387b4b093cdae407127eb7b

anyone?

What you might be able to do is see if any Subaru dealers or OEM vendors can order just the lens. It's actually listed as two parts, but you can't buy them separately in the US, they're sold as a complete unit. I had to email Japanparts.com to get prices on the plastic lens and this is what they found out (and also added to their website)

The lens itself is part number 84910AC (left side) / 84910AD (right side) and they want $214 for one.. not including shipping, or any other charges.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a couple weeks late but.. I previously had a tyc headlight assembly installed on my car, and from the outside of the car it looked great in my opinion. The problem I had with it was the way it projected light, the light output looked different than my oem headlight. More info can be found in the link below.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ct-2009-oem-subaru-tyc-headlamp-assemblies-166872.html

not late at all, still trying to figure out what im going to do, i may shell out 500-600 for some pretty bad as lights, but im going to vegas in 23 days :( cant cant decided if i want to tie up gambling money

but now you bring that up IRDVLSO, uses TYC lights for the new aftermarket lights he customizes, but i belive if i rememebr correctly he deletes the squirrel finder...

which may eliminate that problem? maybe?

Yeah I would have no problem at all using a pair of tyc headlights, squirrel finders covered or not. I just didn't like using 1 oem light and 1 tyc light, the different light patterns bothered me. You could probably sell your 1 good headlight for $100-$200 or so, so at least that would help get a little money back if you buy a custom pair from irdvlso

• 11 months later...

So I changed my lightbulb for the second time on my 2005 Legacy GT. This time the metal clip broke. Very delicate. Anyone know what the name of the part is or part number? I need to replace the clip in order for the new lightbulb to hold in place. I am looking online Subaru Repair Parts but not sure what to order.

http://subaruonlineparts.com/repair-parts.php?cPath=240_285

I just updated my headlights from 2005 to 2006. So I have two 2005 headlight complete assemblies sitting in my garage. The lenses could use a little clearing/polishing and light bulbs are not included (I couldn't be sure I didn't finger print them so I don't want to include bulbs which may blow out right away). Also, the twist on caps over the low beams have holes drilled in them from when I installed HIDs. The caps should be easy to replace - or you could use the caps from your own headlights. These headlights never leaked or anything, i just preferred the look of the 2006 style.

ANYWAY...Insterested? I just did the switch a few days ago so I haven't gotten to posting an ad for them yet...

05 does not fit 08-09 only 05-07 swap directly.

As others have said about the clip, unfortunately subaru and many other companies sell parts as assemblies so you can't just buy the one part you need in the assembly you gotta buy the whole damn thing. The good news is that there is tons of people with Legacy/outbacks so wrecking yards/parts places should have one around near you somewhere.

Archived