LegacyGT.com

5EAT owners converge!

bmx045

So I've started a topic on romraider's forum about editing and potentially flashing the subaru 5EAT TCU. Since their latest beta version of RR actually connects and monitors 05-06 and 07+ canbus TCU's, and literally added a TCU tab on the top, so I have a feeling they are somewhat hinting at the idea of TCU support and need a little motivation....so.....get in on this!

http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7539&start=0

:spin:

anyone care to bug ECUflash forums (tactrix) as well?

There are a LOT of gains to be had if we can flash the TCU like we do the ECU. Parameters such as much higher line pressure, quicker paddle shifting, less shift delay up/down, shift times/rpm, and likely much more. As was previously mentioned in another thread, the 5EAT is programmed to operate like a CVT would, sloppy slow shifting for smooth transitions...which doesn't play well with higher hp/tq applications. We'd like to reverse that slop.

We already have a TCU 5eat reverse engineering thread. Why does this exist, other than to unintentionally fragment the flow of information regarding the 'project'
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

1. thread wouldn't exist if already solved

2. thanks for the software-side moral support

3. go back to your hardware modding

4. turn your a/c up

this is aimed towards romraider, not an r&d thread for lgt.com like the other one is.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5eat-tcu-reverse-engineering-136175p12.html

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love your logic, approach and diplomacy. I have only ever supported TCU hacking, with both money and information. But unlike you, I actually have some comprehension of how complicated the task at hand actually is. As where you haven't even tuned your ECU, and yet are positioning yourself as a TCU authority figure.

Considering that I--being one out of possibly just two people on this forum with the indepth understanding of how a 5eat is controlled and tuned in the first place--am of no benefit to your unique effort, I will take my very hard-earned knowledge and intention to contribute, and go back to making a product that works. Per your wish, bon voyage and good luck.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5eat-tcu-reverse-engineering-136175p12.html

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love your logic, approach and diplomacy. I have only ever supported TCU hacking, with both money and information. But unlike you, I actually have some comprehension of how comlicated the task at hand actually is. As where you haven't even tuned your ECU, and yet are positioning yourself as a TCU authority figure.

Considering that I--being one out of possibly just two people on this forum with the indepth understanding of how a 5eat is controlled and tuned in the first place--am of no benefit to your unique effort, I will take my very hard-earned knowledge and intention to contribute, and go back to making a product that works. Per your wish, bon voyage and good luck.

Yeah I'm aware of the thread, that's why I said "like the other one"

I respect your current endevour, but the purpose of THIS thread is for utilizing other resources for attention and possible expert contribution. I don't expect ecu flashing and romraider software engineers to wander into a legacy forum and outright give their support voluntarily, that's why I'm going to them. :cool:

Clearly the reverse engineering thread has physically broken down the tcu but have failed to communicate with it like we do the ECU. With the newly added 07+ canbus connection made via romraider beta, my inclination is that they know more about TCU communication then we do on this forum. Even if all we accomplish more Pid's with canbus TCU's, that's further delving into it's 010100101 internals. This is already capable in 05-06 TCU's, but 07+ can't even monitor tranny temps.

The fact is, SSM can flash the TCU, there MUST be a way for us to do it....

Clearly the reverse engineering thread has physically broken down the tcu

Not even this much has happened, not really.

There is a good amount of knowledge in "the other thread" that should save folks some time. Of course it's 100% possible to write to either TCU. Trouble is the man hours required to reverse engineer it. Time is money. Unless one of the ECU devs has a 5eat and really wants to hack it, I'm having trouble envisioning a realistic action plan that will get us all the results we would need. Great to reach out to RomRaider and anywhere there is help to be found. But this thread in which we are posting has zero information about the TCU. If you're going to be directing things, why not direct people the "the other thread" as well, as it at least has a good start in it, and shows that a lot of people are interested in it. I missed the part where that happened. Also I seam to recall someone already posted on Romraider a while ago, and that too got no meaningful response. Never hurts to keep trying, but again, why bypass the thread that contains the only meaningful 5eat tcu reverse engineering attempt.

Added my interest over at RomRaider. Surely, someone on here is a software engineer.....

I am, but what you guys really need is an electrical engineer with experience (or at least a keen interest) in embedded systems.

When that guy finds a way to pull a ROM from the TCU, I will take a look, but I have caution that I have very little confidence in my ability to figure it out. I've been figuring out bits of the ECU ROM but I wouldn't even have been able to get started if it weren't for people like Merchgod paving the way.

The hardware and software that reflashes ECUs was developed by Colby "tactrix.com" Boles. You should try to contact him, maybe he drives an auto, who knows? :)

Yeah can a mod merge the two TCU threads? It's only going to get more fragmented between the two threads... unless people actually read both...

NSFW that is a solid idea.

Archived