LegacyGT.com

Which spring for my Forge BPV?

CTATV

So my Forge BPV for my LGT came with 3 springs, a yellow, a red, and a blue; and two shims. It came with the blue one already in the BPV.

I did a little research online and this page says:

http://www.maperformance.com/forge-valve-spring-tuning-kit.html

Green - 5-15 PSI

Yellow - 15-23 PSI

Blue - 23-30 PSI

Red - 30 + PSI

FYI here is my tune on EFI's Mustang Dyno AKA the dream crusher lol (it scores a good deal lower than most dynos

http://efilogics.com/dyno/graph.php?gb=0&hp=1&torque=1&boost=1&rpm=1&sl=1&sln=1&runid1=832&rgb1=000000255

Are you running a top mount? Start off with the blue and see if you get any compressor surge.

I ran the blue, no compressor surge, switched to the red, couldnt hear any surge but dont really hear it "blowing off" so to speak... If I data log or look at data on my Access port looking for this what value(s) should I be looking at:confused: by compressor surge you're talking about the sound this car makes right?

Yes i'm running a Perrin TMIC. I guess I should post the mod list... let me go find it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuzyaWEqo58&p=8D6B2D2E2D154F12&playnext=1&index=5]YouTube - Custom Built Subaru Legacy Spec B Turbo[/ame]

VF52 turbo

650cc side feed injectors

one step colder plugs

Perrin TMIC

Forge recirc BPV

AEM Cold Air Intake

Invidia catless DP

Invidia catless UP

Greddy Evo II Catback

BC BR series coilovers

Perrin Spherical LCA bushings

Stop Tech steel braided brake lines

Stop Tech rotors

Hawk HPS pads

Cleared Headlights

Cobb Short Throw Shifter

Aftermarket grille

Debadged trunk

Tuned by EFI Logics

Compressor surge as in what I call a "horse laugh" LOL.

Looking at your boost levels I'd stick with the blue. I might even try the yellow. I personally am a fan of running the weakest spring you can. A quick open of the BOV/BPV seems to help lag between gears by not killing the compressor spool. You might see some MAF fluctuation when you close the throttle under high boost, not sure.

Compressor surge as in what I call a "horse laugh" LOL.

Looking at your boost levels I'd stick with the blue. I might even try the yellow. I personally am a fan of running the weakest spring you can. A quick open of the BOV/BPV seems to help lag between gears by not killing the compressor spool. You might see some MAF fluctuation when you close the throttle under high boost, not sure.

Interesting maybe I'll throw the yellow in there see how it goes. I'm at least going to go back down to the blue I think

So just had major issues. Tried to flash to a different update of my map (reflash) and then car sputtered above 2800rpm reflashed same map again now running better but something still seems up. Went back to plastic stock Recirc valve for the data logs. Going to try and figure how to upload them now

Archived