LegacyGT.com

Front O2 Sensor Part No. and Location?

Hey guys, i'm getting P0031, P0134 & P2097... Anyone know what the part number is for the Front O2 sensor? I went to O Reileys and they had a upstream and downstream O2... I'm assuming the Upstream is the front, the only thing is they wanted $179 for it. So I would like to try to find it cheaper. But I can't seem to nail down the exact part No.

Also, anyone know the location of the Front O2?

Hey guys, i'm getting P0031, P0134 & P2097... Anyone know what the part number is for the Front O2 sensor? I went to O Reileys and they had a upstream and downstream O2... I'm assuming the Upstream is the front, the only thing is they wanted $179 for it. So I would like to try to find it cheaper. But I can't seem to nail down the exact part No.

Also, anyone know the location of the Front O2?

DENSO Part # 2349123 OE Style / Air Fuel Ratio Sensor; Upstream

$77.79 from http://www.rockauto.com

The front 02 sensor is on the upstream side of the stock manifold catalytic converter:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/hdr1.jpg

Edited by GEE-OTTO

• Moderators
If you want to PM me your VIN I can specify between the 2 possible front o2's

One sells for 149 and the other 134 , These are original OEM

-Benny

Isn't the Denso the same as OEM? Just doesn't come in a subaru box so it's $50 cheaper?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

If you want to PM me your VIN I can specify between the 2 possible front o2's

One sells for 149 and the other 134 , These are original OEM

-Benny

There is only 1 part number for the Front AFR/02 sensor for our cars and that is the one DENSO makes all others are trash. DENSO is OEM so paying the stealer more money for the same part makes 0 sense :)

There is only 1 part number for the Front AFR/02 sensor for our cars and that is the one DENSO makes all others are trash. ...:)

Not so fast.

Bosch (the originators of O2 sensors) are great. Have replaced 3 in 3 different vehicles and never had a problem with them. Put over 40k on one in a 97L and no codes when I pulled the engine and junked the car.

As a matter of fact that 2.2 was just swapped into a 98 Forester and it is just as happy.

O.

Not so fast.

Bosch (the originators of O2 sensors) are great. Have replaced 3 in 3 different vehicles and never had a problem with them. Put over 40k on one in a 97L and no codes when I pulled the engine and junked the car.

As a matter of fact that 2.2 was just swapped into a 98 Forester and it is just as happy.

O.

Ok Bosch LOL :rolleyes::lol:

There is only 1 part number for the Front AFR/02 sensor for our cars and that is the one DENSO makes all others are trash. DENSO is OEM so paying the stealer more money for the same part makes 0 sense :)

Depending on the original destination of the vehicle there are 2 choices.

22641aa15a and 22641aa33a . It could be the difference between Cali and Fed. emissions. A VIN clears this right up. Perhaps the aftermarket uses one for both applications??

-Benny

• 6 years later...
DENSO Part # 2349123 OE Style / Air Fuel Ratio Sensor; Upstream

$77.79 from http://www.rockauto.com

The front 02 sensor is on the upstream side of the stock manifold catalytic converter:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/GEE-OTTO/hdr1.jpg

where did you get that part number from? I thought it was Denso 234-9120