LegacyGT.com

How much should a 6yr 60k mi warranty cost?

rs6er

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! The classic coverage isn't woth $hit! If your going to get something get the gold. Some dealers won't even explain the difference or offer the gold coverage, or they'll sell you the classic at the gold price. If your dealer doesn't offer the gold you can buy it after you get the car from SOA directly! Don't get scammed like I, and so many others did! Good luck :D

I'd be interested in an extended warranty for the '05 Legacy GT LTD I'm buying; mileage is under 50K. If it matters, I'm not buying from a dealer.

Not saying it's a good deal; but, I can buy a 5 year/100K (total miles) bumper-to-bumper for $1500. The warranty programs mentioned above sound pretty appealing, especially at half the prices listed.

• 2 weeks later...

You can only add a Subaru Added Security Plan (extended warranty) if you are within your original bumper to bumper coverage - 3yr, 36k miles.

If you are past 36k or 3 years, your only hope is to get a third party coverage; buyer beware though.

I paid $1200 for a 7/70,000 on my 05 LGT with 28,000 miles. $100 deductible.

That seems pretty good. I called a dealer for an estimate on an '05, and got quoted about $2600 for a 7/72,000 Platinum, and only about $200 less for the same term, but in Gold.

I know there's "aftermarket" warranty companies out there too, but some say they're shady. Obviously a warranty is an insurance policy anyway - you gamble as to whether you'll ever need it. But I was expecting low-to-mid $1K range. Not nearly $3K! :eek:

=S2=

That seems pretty good. I called a dealer for an estimate on an '05, and got quoted about $2600 for a 7/72,000 Platinum, and only about $200 less for the same term, but in Gold.

What's a "Platinum" warranty from SOA? Never heard of it.

I PMed Grayson per tytek's recommendation, and Seth just sent me this:

Subaru does not offer a PLATINUM extended warranty so I am not sure what warranty they were quoting.

The Subaru GOLD PLUS 7yr/70k warranty with $100 deductable is $835.76

Sounds a heck of a lot better than $2200. :lol: That's insane...

Not sure about the Platinum thing. I told him this too, but I know I've seen Platinum listed on brochures at dealerships. If it's bogus it's bogus, I really don't care. Just weighing options. :D

Archived