LegacyGT.com

Borla catback exhaust

john mabold

I have a stock 05 GT sedan and interested in buying the borla catback exhaust system. I have looked throughout the site for a sound clip, but could not find one for this system.

Could someone please post a sound clip showing the sound this sytem makes on the inside and outside of a stock GT sedan at different rev levels?

I want to make sure this system is the right one for me, before it's to late....

Much appreciated!

I don't have a sound clip, but I did ride in Bosco's car and it was very civilized. It made noise when your romped on it, and was a little louder at idle, but very nice while cruising around the neighborhood. He's stage two, catted, and said it was even quieter with the stock DP inplace. Not sure what mods you're currently running.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Everyone who has this exhaust swears by it, they all say that it is not too loud like every other exhaust system for our cars, this has been at the top of my wish list for quite some time now. If you are looking for a more civilized exhaust that will still sound badass when you want it to, the Borla is the way to go, I know it's what i'm getting eventually.

I have a borla catback mated up to the Cobb catted dp and love the sound and the fit-n-finish. During phase 1 of my mods I installed 3 and settled on the Borla.

First I tried the perrin but the bends and fit was so far off that the guys at the shop would have had to modify 50% of it to get it to fit and they said that for the money the thing should fit.

Second was a custom made Stromung that was obnoxiously loud and made my car sound like a 2-stroke dirt bike. Additionally the cans had dual tips that had to be crammed into the exhaust cutouts under the bumper.

Lastly I tried the Borla. This thing fit like a glove and required no modifications at all. Additionally the fit and finish is exceptional. Even the exhaust tips are the exact size and shape of stock. Additionally there is a resonator on the straight pipe that helps give the car a low boxer grumbly sound. This system tucks up under the car nicely, sounds great and since I'm into the whole sleeper concept was the pefect choice for me.

There are guys in the 12's with the Borla. Maybe you are faster but its good enough for me, especially driving around my wife and kids. Oh by the way the tips on the Borla are a little bigger and beefier than stock. Nothing crazy but it defenitely adds a nice touch to the rear.
Who needs tickets to the gun show?:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Found this soundclip on Youtube.

I think it's on a 2002 legacy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m75PXC9F-Jg

man that sounds purrrty.

Man, now I wish I had sound clips of my OBS.

BTW, this clip listed above is with a Borla HEADER and a Corazon Axleback...still sounds great though. My OBS had a Borla Header and a Stormung Catback, sounded AWESOME....haha...

Brian-

There are guys in the 12's with the Borla. Maybe you are faster but its good enough for me, especially driving around my wife and kids. Oh by the way the tips on the Borla are a little bigger and beefier than stock. Nothing crazy but it defenitely adds a nice touch to the rear.
They're are also guy's in the 12's with stock cat back exhaust systems.

• 5 weeks later...
Sure it can handle 400whp it's just not going to help you get to that #......

So, I'm just starting into tuning up my '06 Legacy GT wagon and was interested in the Borla, but now not so sure. Their system does provide the hp gain that other systems do? I do like the sound of the Borla a lot. If Borla isn't able to provide the hp, what's another "civilized" sounding catback that DOES provide the goods?

Also, I've heard that the Borls isn't a direct bolt on for the GT Wagon, but requires a retrofit. Anyone know the story on this?

THanks!!! :icon_conf

Archived