LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest in a group buy on THESE

OK Folks,

Looking to gauge interest in a group buy of this complete set of amazingly cool lexan timing covers. I've seen the ends before but this is the first place that I've ever seen a complete 3 piece cover set in lexan and it's of a coolness factor that is basically immeasurable, unless it's by someone ELSE that already has a set.

I believe the estimated pricing on these as a group buy will be right at $350.00 USD. I can check on shipping charges, but I do guarantee that, like all group buys, the more participation we have, the better the pricing will become.

Most people can only dream of this amount of amazing coolness on their car and you can all have it. All of these new builds going on, and spending money on a lot of stuff, THESE are completely cool.

Again, this is a gauge to interest. If there are at least 10 people that are interested, we can get a deal on them. If not, well, I'll have to hunt you all down, put your feet right over hot coals until you scream YES YES YES, and then well make a group order. :lol:

PM me if you do have interest in them. I'll post up the list as I receive PM's.

I'm going to purchase a set regardless because...well...because of the coolness factor and I'm a cool dude in a loose mood. :dm:

OK...so here is the list so far:

1. Jmp6889928

2. KRM

3. Mr. Tris

841319530_Completecrystalclearlexantimingcoverset.jpg.bd05fbb16c1b7886e86d337d01c680f0.jpg

I have a buddy that has a set on his EJ207 build and he thought they didn't fit very well, which is contrary to the manufacturer's claims.

Do you know who the manufacturer is for his? These are not of this country...;)

Yep...same company. Hmmm...good information to know. Are his older? I was in touch with them today and they assured me that they fit absolutely perfectly. He DID mention that it took them a while to get them correct, so I wonder if maybe your buddy's set is older?

At any rate, I'll definitely ask them about it and find out for sure. If they don't, in fact, fit well, then I'm not going to endorse them.

Thanks.

I really like em, but that nice clear complexion is gonna last for all of seven days in a daily driver in the midwest... especially in the colder months. Now, if I had a racecar, these would totally be on there!

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Well....as I tell people that say something costs too much...I always tell them to make their own. Of course, everyone says "I can't make those" and at that point, the price being "too high" seems to lose it's strength.

These are a bling piece, no doubt. They are extremely cool, but I do agree that if you DD your car and live in the crap belt (north of the Mason-Dixon line), they most certainly will not always be pretty.

The one thing to remember about these though is that they are made out of Lexan which makes them virtually indestructible. The standard black covers are made out of a cheap (I believe) urethane based plastic and they are prone to damage. These would definitely last a lifetime without damage and if you have all of the seals in place, they would stay relatively clean on the inside. They would also be a good diagnostic tool to check belt/pulley timing and wear.

I wish they would make an undertray for LGT out of the same clear Lexan. That would be a very cool piece but I'm SURE it would be mega $$$.

At any rate, I like them and I'm going to definitely purchase a set for myself. I don't DD my car and I have done a lot of paint work on the engine, so being the vain asshole I am, I want to show it all off...LOL.

557411326_Bottomgettingthere1.jpg.c679bea3ab4cc58a0e0af37e847998c3.jpg

913153758_Bottomgettingthere2.jpg.b741015691176f04b09ab2010e699664.jpg

446742234_Bottomgettingthere3.jpg.698c0f286c4561d7324dfaaaf4f4eda2.jpg

2007569264_FreshEJ2571.thumb.jpg.458ce18b1eeddff2a43220e86bedae8e.jpg

886314465_FreshEJ2573.thumb.jpg.ae009c37aeca75e153dfd0c75b68fbc5.jpg

Archived