LegacyGT.com

Cost effective mid/y??

Aruss87

I'm looking for a decently priced RESONATED min and y. I see Perrin used to make one, but most I see now are not resonated. I like the smoother- non tin can sound a little better. Right now I'm using the hog-zhaust method w/ 2 washers and like the sound alright. I might take the washers out if I had a 3" mid, or just reduce to 1 washer to suit my liking. Input or ideas?

I have looked through times before. None I saw had a mid/y that I could buy w/out cans. I will admit that I didn't rigorously search through all the brands for just the mid/y... I've also been curious about a custom made 3" resonated exhaust - costwise.

:lol: I'm in the same boat as you. I think that's pretty good, especially for the quality work nameless does that I've seen. Good solution. I guess I just assume it's generally not going to be viewed as cost effective compared to other options.

UPDATE: Called an exhaust shop today and he said to build a 3" down to 2.5" y to the stock mufflers would be about $250 - without looking at it.

He said to add a resonator would be about $75... But a 3" resonator "won't do shit" for the sound of the exhaust, just make it a little quieter. Soooo, from all my research and videos watched. I now don't know what to do.

I looked at the turboxs mid and y but it is not resonated and it is super raspy per the video I saw. I asked them about it and never got a response. I'm sticking with my oem catback as it doesn't seem to be a major restriction and I prefer a quiet exhaust. If I were to get a full cbe it would probably be a magnaflow.

• 2 weeks later...
I would really like to hear this resonated Nameless Performance Mid/Y. Doesn't qualify as cost effective.

http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2005-2009-legacy-gt-outback-xt-midpipe/

Having seen the shop and met a few of the guys and seen their work I will say the crew at nameless makes some top notch stuff.

I think there may be a video recording of the mid/y in one of their threads here.

Archived