LegacyGT.com

NNNNOttt dead head... Its actually dead piston

I got locked out of my house without my phone(no pictures till tomrrow), so

I pulled the head off, the one with the smashed spark plug. A large corner of my piston is gone...... seriously gone. Not rattling around or stuck in my heads. It vanished!!!

My cylinder wall is still sexy as can be :spin:

Good thing I got the ej22t pistons already :)

How do I know what thrust bearing position I want?

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/885/pistondeath2.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/347/pistondeath.jpg

The thrust bearing on the EJ22t is in the middle. It wasn't until Phase-2 that the thrust bearing went to the end of the crank.

That's why you can stroke an EJ22T with the crank from a Phase-1 EJ25!

Depending on where the chunk was, it's not impossible that the piece jumped through the exhaust port. Which means it's just floating in front of your cat.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated

the piece of your pistol didn't just dissapear.

First place I would look (just because its easy) is inside the exhaust....completely remove it from the car and turn it on either end and see if the piece of the pistol doesn't fall out. Likely its NOT in the exhaust, but it is possible.

If you don't find it in there, you're going to have to rip apart the engine until you find it. Its most likely in the oil pan, so finding it shouldn't be too difficult

Don't put that engine back together and run it without finding the piece of the piston. There are numerous places it can get stuck and cause SERIOUS damage.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Its not in the oil pan.

I have no cat.

My turbo still works so it could not have left through there.

Its not in my header.

It was banging around on the valves, you can clearly see that. Even if it would have broken it into tiny pieces, my turbines would be dead.

The engine torn apart. block is not in half yet.

I didnt loosen the crank pulley bolt when it was in the car :(

naahh it runs like shit because it broke..

I have always thought he was "dodgy" but I found out that he didnt lie about getting the timing belt and headgaskets changed (which are 3 layered metal ones)

I got the f*ing crank pulley bolt off finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I strapped that bitch down and stood on the pry bar.. It was intense

Im sending my cams to deltacams after I get a really weird sized /Hex alan wrench looking thing. T41 maybe?

Do I have to pull the pins out before I pull the block apart?

I bought rock product ej22t piston rings... They look like the cheapest crap ever and there is a substantial gap between the ring and piston. I will not be using them, nor will I be buying anything rock product anymore. Right when I saw the box I regretted buying them :(

Im trying to get a picture but my ipods booting me off my ppp server :(

How long have you owned the car? Looks like the previous owner may have pulled a fast one and just slapped a different head on the car because that chunk of piston would have caused some damage. It looks like there is a small mark on top of the piston from something hitting it.

Ive had it for over a year. The head has some funky 'guarantee void if removed' thing on it. And the inside of the head in question is silver, opposed to the other head looking like its had oil sitting in it for the last 12 years. Not really sure what to make of it.

• I Donated
Ive had it for over a year. The head has some funky 'guarantee void if removed' thing on it. And the inside of the head in question is silver, opposed to the other head looking like its had oil sitting in it for the last 12 years. Not really sure what to make of it.

maybe some timing belt problems cause a crack in the piston and it finally gave way. this would explain the different head and piston damage

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived