LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing Turboback no Tune

The Murdocta

So i just ordered my Megan Racing catless DP to add to my MR CBE and I want to install it soon after it arrives. I read one other thread that said it is alright to drive the car with the turboback on without a tune or AP flash. Just wanted to make sure nothing bad will come of it (I plan on getting it tuned asap). I know it will most likely throw a CEL but im not worried about that as long as it won't cause any other problems for the car.

Also if anyone knows of members on here or other people they know that do open source tuning in the northern CT/ Western Mass area let me know. If not I might take it to EFI Logics in southern CT.

Will it Blend? That is the question!

Based on what I have read, I have found that after market down pipes, without a proper tune, will cause CEL errors. It won't make your car undriveable, but that annoying "Check Engine" light will keep coming on and your cruise control will be disabled.

Just install everything now, and get a tune when you can. I'd advise to get one as soon as you can. Just to play it safe and to get rid of that damn CEL.

Archived