LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

jazzy, yea i tried burning a silent cd on my laptop's burner, gave the same broken results as the cd you supplied three times. but when i burned the same cd with my tower's burner, it came out fine and continues to work perfectly at 83minutes of wonderful silence. works fine now.

3.5mm GLI:

http://www.electricalconnection.com/audio/noise-filters.htm

kinda expensive though, more than +$10 compared to crutchfield, but it might be instock alteast.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw that one too but between teh price difference and since I couldn't find specs on it I think I will wait for the PAC to be back in stock. I don't know if this one has the built in amp to compensate for all teh connections.

the only problem I have is that the audio isn't really loud at all. When I have the stereo up to 40 with either an ipod or sattelite receiver, it's only about half volume as the radio or CD. Anyone have this result? Is there a pre-amp solution to this?

This is what I noticed when I used the headphone out from the iPod. You get a better signal if you connect to the iPod dock. Scroll up and read my post on the Belkin Auto Kit. It also has a built in volume adjustment, so now my volume is the same on the aux-in as it is when playing a regular CD or FM.

I am about to pick up one of Jazzy's boards but I am looking to the future and other possible mods. Eventually I may pick up a portable nav system and I would like to be able to have the XM playing and let the nav commands play over the XM. I was thinking about using a splitter like this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Hai0tZcKVWd/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=276950&id=essential_info&i=119AICYP#Tab but I don't know if it would work since this is intended to split an output not an input, does anyone know if these are directional? I don't think they are but I figured someone would know for sure.

Hmmm, I tried using both of the power locations and no dice. The sound is great for about 1.5 minutes, then starts to cut out about every 5 sec for maybe 0.5 seconds. This is with the Belkin (2nd one)

No problems when I simply use it for power and run the cord to the headphone jack on the Ipod :(

Ted

:spin:

Hmmm, I tried using both of the power locations and no dice. The sound is great for about 1.5 minutes, then starts to cut out about every 5 sec for maybe 0.5 seconds. This is with the Belkin (2nd one)

No problems when I simply use it for power and run the cord to the headphone jack on the Ipod :(

Ted

You're having the same problem I had with the Belkin Auto Kit. It worked fine when plugged in via the iPod headphone out but it would cut out when plugged into the iPod line out (only when the engine was running). Through process of elimination (I tried two different Auto Kits too), I discovered that the problem was with the Radio Shack GLI I was using. With the GLI removed and using a normal 1/8 to 1/8 cable, I don't have any cut out problems but I do have ground loop noise when there is no music playing.

I bought a PAC GLI from Jazzy to try it instead of the Radio Shack, but I haven't taken the time to install it yet. Hopefully it will get rid of the ground noise but it won't cause the Auto Kit to cut out like the Radio Shack did.

Jazzy, Just a quick update, I finally got around to checking my connections, turns out the reason I was only getting sound from the right side was because one of my RCA plugs to the GLI was loose. I don't know how I missed it before. Lesson learned, always tape ALL connections.

Thanks for the great product!

Jazzy, today was the big test...driving to IBM for course, 45 minutes each way of listening to the iPod, I was in loving it!!! Not a problem. Told my brother about it for his WRX!

Great work! Kudos again!

Thanks guys. Glad to hear the installs are still going well. News like that never gets old. ;)
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

TO ALL FUTURE BELKIN AUTO KIT USERS

If you are getting random audio muting, turn down the volume on the Belkin cord :D

Ted

So what volume are you using on the head unit, and approximately how much volume are you using on the Belkin? If I used more than 1/4 of the Belkin wheel's travel, I was getting a cut out, and that wasn't enough amp for the volume I wanted to listen.

I need to try it with the Jazzy GLI under the hopes that it isn't as sensitive as the Radio Shack.

Another option for Belkin owners is to disconnect/bypass the amp. There are threads on iLounge.com on how to do this mod which requires some basic soldering.

kb1dqh,

The only thing that I can think is: remember to turn it down before you switch to earphones. There shouldn't be any logical, physical, or theroatical (sp) reason it should harm your ipod. But I am no expert.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I just wanted to be sure I got all the parts that I needed before doing the install, could someone please list them all for me. I just want to run my ipod. I think it's; Jazzy's unit, the gli from crutchfielld, not sure which belkin your all talking about, maybe a link if possible please. Are there any other wires or components i'll need thanks.

I don't know much about the AUX in stuff but have been fevourishly working on a solution to get an easy AUX in working on my McIntosh stereo in a 3.0RB Wagon.

Have come across this little device -

http://www.pie.net/store/index.cfm?action=ViewDetails&ItemID=122

Can canyone comment as to whether they believe it would work or not ?