LegacyGT.com

Springs with stock struts question

d_a_b

k so i did quite a bit of searching on the forums but im still uncertain about this... lowering springs such as the cobb springs and tein stech... are they meant to be paired with stock LGT struts? obviously if you have the money you should change the struts as well... but would just changing the springs cause any sort of problems with the stock struts...what would you guys recommend...

thx for the help

Some after mkt springs beat the stock struts to death. Swifts=no good on stockers....been there. H techs have good reviews. I think Cobbs may be OK.

Stay away from s-techs....

Rehab is for quitters.

My first question is, what are you hoping to accomplish with new springs, better handling or do you want the lowered look?

If your goal is better handling its my opinion that you keep the stock springs for now and upgrade to Konis or go the billy plus spring route. I'm sure you have read about how poorly matched the stock struts are to the stock springs, its true. After installing Koni in my GT wagon the can handles street corners so much better than before becuase the tires stay on the ground. I believe that the mis matched strut was allowing the tire to bounce and skip across bumps causing poor handling. I also kept the stock ride height becuase I didn't want to buy and install the roll center correction kit. This is something you should understand and the best place to read about it is on iwsti.com forum. Search roll center and there is a much better explaination than what I can give you. I'd rahter put the resources towards a new JDM RSB.

well i'd like to improve handling but i would also like to have the "lowered look" ...ive been looking at this set up ...http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3473 ...any input on it would be appreciated

Archived