LegacyGT.com

URGENT - Bushing guru's - Rear trailing arm

grmorrow04

Okay, so just to be clear:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/Plus/part_images_new/thumbs/tn_W63217.jpg

W63217 is the front bushing for the rear trailing arm.

Ok, so here's my experience with these...

I tried working with a couple different vendors but nobody seemed to know/care what I was searching for.

Tony at TiC ended up helping me out and did some searching for me.

I wanted to upgrade to full poly where-ever I could, and have Spec B aluminum bits to install on my car, so it made sense to order everything I could.

So far, the only issue I've found is with the above bushing, W63217.

If you look at Whiteline Plus's website, http://www.whiteline.com.au/Plus/product_detail.php?part_number=W63217 , it says that the product will work with the following:

SUBARU FORESTER SH MY05-10 (9/03-on)

SUBARU IMPREZA GH HATCH, SEDAN MY08 INCL WRX & STI (9/07-on)

SUBARU LIBERTY BL SEDAN, BP WAGON (LEGACY) (9/03-4/09)

SUBARU OUTBACK BP MY04 -06 (9/03/2007)

Going on the logic that the bushing works for MY08 WRX & STI, and switching over to the regular Whiteline site, searching for MY08 STI, you find that Whiteline lists W0568 as the rear trailing arm bushing.

Following the above logic, the bushing for the MY08 STI SHOULD fit the BL rear trailing arm, right?

WRONG.

The bushing is too small in diameter, by about 3/8" (I don't have exact values as the stock bushings are still in place).

This puts me in a dilemma as I really want to get poly for the trailing arm, and I don't want to wait another 4-6 weeks to get the damn things from Australia, especially if they end up being the wrong bushing *again*. I haven't heard about anything else other than Group N bushings, and I can't even find the part number for those.

Is it just me, or does Whiteline have their fitment listing wrong?

Can anyone help me out here?

After a few emails with Whiteline, the W63217 is the same size as the W0568, measuring at 53.4mm in diameter. So no go for these.

However, in the last email I got from Whiteline, one of the tech/customer support people said:

"The part you need is on our development list but probably won't be available till next year."

So there is hope, but we just have to wait...

Archived