LegacyGT.com

New Subaru TV commericals...

Arrrggh! I've just seen one of the new Outback commercials, and it's great right up until the end, where not one, but TWO Lance Armstrongs (one in regular clothes, one in USPS kit) pop and says "It works for us." Sell the car...not the person who is selling the car. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Arrrggh! I've just seen one of the new Outback commercials, and it's great right up until the end, where not one, but TWO Lance Armstrongs (one in regular clothes, one in USPS kit) pop and says "It works for us." Sell the car...not the person who is selling the car. Kevin[/quote] Don't worry, Subaru won't sell any cars based on Lance Armstrong.. Although i did see the commercial and I got wam fuzzies.

My dad saw one and said it wasn't that great of a commercial. Now I haven't seen the new ones yet, but I sure did like the voice overlay of the first WRX commercials. All about the car.

I've seen a couple of them so far on during the ABC news timeframe, the visuals seemed alright, but I had to get the silent movie version since someone else put it on mute to use the dang speakerphone. :roll: The lance segment sort of dumbed it out, sort of like they threw him in there just to call him in it. Lame. I'll catch them later tonight.

How completely disappointing. :( They have such a great opportunity and stick with using Lance. They need to just pay him to NOT be in any. They don't need any character/figure in their ads. BTW, I do like Lance.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Th3Franz'][quote name='jedimaster']Good old Lance. That guy has ball.[/quote] Was that supposed to be a sick joke? :|[/quote] Relax. Yes, it was a joke, but look at it as educational: guys- don't forget your once a month roll your own in the shower. Testicular cancer is really not a laughing matter.

Isn't he screwing Sheryl Crow or something? I know he ditched his wife. Anyhoo, I think they should just run the Japanese adds dubbed in english. C'mon what other car company uses a spokesperson in their car commercials. Chrysler w/ Celine Dion? Yeah that worked out :roll:

[quote name='HomerJay']Isn't he screwing Sheryl Crow or something? I know he ditched his wife. Anyhoo, I think they should just run the Japanese adds dubbed in english. C'mon what other car company uses a spokesperson in their car commercials. Chrysler w/ Celine Dion? Yeah that worked out :roll:[/quote] Yep, Robin Williams introduced them to each other. As for the ads, some of the JDM ads are a bit out there for the US market, but that style is what needs to be done.

I've been saying it for a while and I whole heartedly agree, the JDM has some very catchy commercials. Not the OB ones though. :lol: Those were just um (well I'll keep my politically correct opinions to myself) wrong.

I've seen the OB one, then Forester, just now WRX. I love them *shock* but I don't know how great it will catch on ... doesn't matter. If the marketing doesn't work, more for us! ;) Can't wait to see the Leggy ad-- is there an STi ad as well?

[quote name='3.75L H6']I've seen the OB one, then Forester, just now WRX. I love them *shock* but I don't know how great it will catch on ... doesn't matter. If the marketing doesn't work, more for us! ;) Can't wait to see the Leggy ad-- is there an STi ad as well?[/quote] I can't say I've seen any Impreza or Legacy STi commercials.

[quote name='Sub-attraction']I read on Cars101 that by the end of the year everyone will be paying for all this advertising by adding on a marketing charge to each vehicle in the amount of $275.00. Yikes!![/quote] That is a silly way to lower the MSRP. Later will they charge extra for assembly labor? :roll: I wonder what the average marketing cost per vehicle currently is. I don't even know where to look for that kind of info.

Personally, I like the new ads. I've seen the OB, Forester and WRX ones so far. I think they use Lance just enough not to be anoying. BTW, if anyone gets OLN, last Thursday night on "The Lance Chronicles" it showed a behind the scenes look at him filming some comercials in Holywood. When he was trying to do the "My work is done here." ending of the Forester comercial a dog kept barking in the background! It was quite funny. -Ian

Archived