LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT

Jeffzguy

There is this nice looking 1998 Legacy GT Sedan in a dealer that's been there for months and I am wondering why? It is 5-speed, has 17x,xxx miles. I have not found out when/if the head gasket was done. But when I found it it was at 8k now they want 6k for it. I am thinking that I can go in and get if for 4 grand maybe...

When do the head gaskets usually go out?

if it has 170k+ on it i would assume the head gaskets have been done. around 100k i believe is average for the head gaskets on these 2.5s. of course it could be less too.

do you have a link to their site? im wondering why they would ask 8k in the first place for an 98 with 170k+ thats way over book value even if its limited in excellent condition. id be careful if i was you.

I called and they say they don't have it anymore but they have some other Legacy GT's and some other Subaru's. Kinda annoying that they keep re-posting it if they don't have it. A few days later they posted it again... Very annoying...

2nd gen > all :p

My poor friend, I guess you have never driven a Spec B. Or a 4th Gen with Cobb AP.

I had a red 98 GT wagon, so I know.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My poor friend, I guess you have never driven a Spec B. Or a 4th Gen with Cobb AP.

I had a red 98 GT wagon, so I know.

I think you meant to say a 4th gen with an open source tune. The AP is a joke compared :lol:

I think you meant to say a 4th gen with an open source tune. The AP is a joke compared :lol:

Basically, yes, my 05 has a custom tune and the 09 will shortly.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived