LegacyGT.com

Sell Tactrix and get a Boost gauge? Input Needed.

keithk831

Which option should I choose?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which option should I choose?

• Sell the tactrix and get a boost gauge!
    • Keep the tactrix in case you need it one day; forget the boost gauge.
    • Sell the tactrix and don't get the boost gauge.

Now that my tune is finished and everything seems to be good in the long-term, i'm trying to decide what to do with my tactrix cable. It would be nice to keep, but I can also get a good amount of money for it (probably $150). Here are my options:

1. Sell the tactrix, and buy a boost gauge. Not only would this be cool to have, but it will help me keep an eye on my tune in a way (i.e. if I am only hitting 10psi, I know I have a leak or my IAM is down due to knock). I would probably sell it in late March.

2. Keep the tactrix in my toolbox in case I need it on a rainy day. But I won't be regularly checking up on my tune. Forget the boost gauge.

3. Sell the tactrix and pay off some debt. Don't bother with a boost gauge. I would go with a Defi gauge, so it would be accurate.

If you vote, please comment and let me know why. Thanks!

Keep it. It will cut down on the "HELP!!!! I need to borrow a Tactrix ASAP!!" threads. Sell your spare tire instead.

Thanks for the input. My tuner is about 45-50mins away from me (member of this forum as well), and I know he would be happy to help if I needed to borrow one. So that's my backup plan.

I got laughed at on another board for asking $50 for a v1 Tactrix cable.

Keep the cable, and you should also have a boost gauge anyway. All turbo cars should have one despite what Subaru may think. Oh sure, they added a stupid "economy" gauge like the vac-driven ones in Mercedes for decades.

I should be Subaru-less tomorrow and I'll still have two cables :D

I got laughed at on another board for asking $50 for a v1 Tactrix cable.

Keep the cable, and you should also have a boost gauge anyway. All turbo cars should have one despite what Subaru may think. Oh sure, they added a stupid "economy" gauge like the vac-driven ones in Mercedes for decades.

I should be Subaru-less tomorrow and I'll still have two cables :D

Well I have the OP2.0 Rev E cable, and I know I can get $150 for it (i've had people offer to buy it when I wasn't even selling it).

Thanks for the input!

Keep the tactrix, just save up for a boost gauge. A tactrix is amazingly valuable when actually checking your tune, not just "oh well I hit the right amount of boost". My IAM was at .875 when I had a huge boost leak, gauge still hit 18psi...I wouldn't have known had I not checked the learning view and logs.

keep the cable, buy a cheap gauge until you can afford the defi. really, the ~.5 psi accuracy variable isn't an issue for most -- at least not enough of an issue to do without a gauge at all. the ~20 bucks you sacrifice on the resale of the lesser gauge will be worth knowing that you're boosting at all in the interim. .02

Archived