LegacyGT.com

Warranty Questions

Boost controller would void your powertrain warranty, if it can be attributed to a powertrain problem.

Exhaust would only void your exhaust warranty.

BOV will void powertrain warranty if you come in with a problem that can be attributed to it.

Same thing, if there is a powertrain problem and the CAI can be attributed to it, the dealer will void it.

Then again some dealers won't touch the car if they see any mods and will just note it and enter it in the records system for SOA and other dealers to see.

I keed I keeed

My best friend is a Subaru mechanic. He gave me the run down on what happens.

When you bring in your car in for service they look for any modifications to the vehicle. (Mostly motor + exhaust mods) They document what they find and submitt it to Subaru of America. Subaru then records what the dealer found and permantly attaches it to you vehicle VIN number. This assures that your waranty is screwed if you want to play. (Regardless of which dealer you bring it to.)

Oh the pain....:redface:

My best friend is a Subaru mechanic. He gave me the run down on what happens.

When you bring in your car in for service they look for any modifications to the vehicle. (Mostly motor + exhaust mods) They document what they find and submitt it to Subaru of America. Subaru then records what the dealer found and permantly attaches it to you vehicle VIN number. This assures that your waranty is screwed if you want to play. (Regardless of which dealer you bring it to.)

Oh the pain....:redface:

Good information to be aware of. So even if there is no problem yet if they spot any motor/exhaust mods they black ball you to ALL Subaru warrenty work. :confused:

Archived