LegacyGT.com

Cubby modification

ADaniels

I am in the market to get in dash navigation. Does anyone have in dash navigation where they had to actually cut the top of the cubby hole/part of the dashboard. I am looking to put in a 5 inch high LCD screen, and would like to keep the trip computer where it is, meaning I would have to cut the top of the cubby off, and some of the dash (about a half inch or so). I went to a local nav dealer, and they explained that they basically do exactly what i am thinking of doing themselves. Is there anything above that cubby that should not be removed? Metal bars? Supports? What types of things can i expect to encounter. This is the first step in my process, and i will document it once i get it done, but i was just wondering if anyone else has done anything similiar.

There are quite a few threads on this, look around for navigation install and stereo install. AVO has a DIN replacement you can buy (mine is on its way) to replace that cubby with minimal modifications.

In a week or so I will be doing an install and I am going to try to document it well enough to do another "how to thread" there are several already, however my application will be slightly different.

As far as your NAV installation there are a couple that are well written that should help you out.

Iggy

Archived