LegacyGT.com

Leptronix Aux-In

RedFloyd

For those who are planning to buy the Leptronix Aux-In, I got this for 12$US + shipping on eBay for a nice oem look !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171188686670

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/01/a8a3u3eg.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/01/atu4umaq.jpg

I have had this aux in kit for over 5 yr and no issues. Great product guys. Now I know most of you guys have your music by now on a bluetooth capable smartphone. Get this too. I have it and it works great.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Bluetooth-A2DP-3_5mm-Stereo-Audio-Receiver-Dongle-Adapter-For-PC-Speaker-Phones-p-41136.html

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

successful install in 2006 outback with 6 disk and automatic climate control!

I also learned something interesting, with the radio completely removed, the AC and fans will still run if you left them on when the car was shut off. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for some help guys!

I've installed and have been using the Leptronix Aux-In for over a year. Everything has been working great thus far but today it has stopped working. I can't use the aux or any radio or cd setting. I'm also noticing that the head unit is reseting at random and blinking the AC lights.

I'm really frustrated and don't know what's going on/what to do.

Has anyone encountered this problem or knows how to fix it? Any ideas will be of help!

@mambi: You probably have a bad connection on the connectors inside your head unit. You should verify and clean the connectors between the main board and the front control board. Did you try to press on the front of the unit to see if anything change?

It's almost summer! Plenty of nice weather to come to install you aux unit in your car :)

Guys, I'm still making new units, so don't hesitate to order yours!

Right now I have units in stock and ready to go!

• 3 weeks later...
RedFloyd,

I'm very interested in this since I have an 05 & been looking around to find something to hook up to my iPod/iPhone but before I purchase where do you plug your iPod? All I see is a switch.

there's a 1/8" headphone jack. you can use a male-male cord (not included) or install a nice jack like Jeffer did.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased this and installed it.

OP, your product works flawlessly, I had zero difficulties installing this, on top of it, the quality is superb. Everything was plug and play, excluding the obvious single wire solder, which took 10 seconds at best.

I just wanted to extend my thanks for making a great product.

Thanks Ridgeracer and Jeffer, my next addition is permanently mounting an aux in.

I have had this aux in kit for over 5 yr and no issues. Great product guys. Now I know most of you guys have your music by now on a bluetooth capable smartphone. Get this too. I have it and it works great.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Bluetooth-A2DP-3_5mm-Stereo-Audio-Receiver-Dongle-Adapter-For-PC-Speaker-Phones-p-41136.html

Also, Ridgeracer, do you have to physically power up that bluetooth unit by pressing the power button on the device every time you start the car? Or does it go into connect mode when you give it power? (Turn the car on)

Edited by Akasa

• 3 months later...

Up! I'm still making new units, but I wont make them anymore once I have depleted all the parts that are in stock. The ordering rate is pretty low now, so once, which is understandable given that the cars are getting quite old.

For those of you that are looking for a aux-in solution in their 2005-06 LGT, this is the best solution available!

After that, I need to find a new idea of product for the 5th and 6th generation!

• 2 months later...

I sent an email to Sebastian about this a couple weeks ago but haven't heard back yet, so I'll try here. The unit works great. However, I'm having one really annoying issue and I'm wondering if anyone else ran into it:

I get into the car in the morning, turn on the engine and test the switch positions - all work correctly, FM audio comes through when the switch is off or auto, cuts out when switch is on. However, as soon as I plug the audio cable into my ipod, the audio goes silent - I can't hear anything from any mode or switch position. I have to shut off the engine and restart it, after which everything works fine. This only seems to happen in the morning, ie after the car has been sitting for a long time and it's cold outside.

What the heck is going on? Is this some sort of a grounding issue?

Scrambles, I don't remind having read your email. Maybe it went straight to the junk box...

I don't really know why you are having those problems with your unit... Did you plugged your ipod into the 12V outlet when you are using the aux in?

For how long have the aux in board been installed? Did it always had that problem or is it doing so since a short period of time?

Did you try with a different source? Like a Samsung phone, a bluetooth device or a sat radio?

I'm willing to help you but you need to provide more details.

Scrambles, I don't remind having read your email. Maybe it went straight to the junk box...

I don't really know why you are having those problems with your unit... Did you plugged your ipod into the 12V outlet when you are using the aux in?

For how long have the aux in board been installed? Did it always had that problem or is it doing so since a short period of time?

Did you try with a different source? Like a Samsung phone, a bluetooth device or a sat radio?

I'm willing to help you but you need to provide more details.

No worries about the email! I'm going from ipod to battery-powered DAC to head unit. It cuts out without having anything plugged into 12V. It's also not consistent - it didn't do it this morning. It's been doing this since day 1, although again inconsistently and only on cold starts in cold temps (seemingly). If you think the source could be an issue, I will do some more trial and error - I'm trying to move away from the ipod anyway because the interface and DAC is trash. I really appreciate the help, I started school as an electrical engineer and let's just say it wasn't for me :)

No worries about the email! I'm going from ipod to battery-powered DAC to head unit. It cuts out without having anything plugged into 12V. It's also not consistent - it didn't do it this morning. It's been doing this since day 1, although again inconsistently and only on cold starts in cold temps (seemingly). If you think the source could be an issue, I will do some more trial and error - I'm trying to move away from the ipod anyway because the interface and DAC is trash. I really appreciate the help, I started school as an electrical engineer and let's just say it wasn't for me :)

Ok good. First we need to isolate the problem, and for that we should go a simple as possible. Could you try plugging the ipod headphone output directly to the auxin input (without the external DAC)?

Can you switch back to radio when you are having the problem or not?

Ok good. First we need to isolate the problem, and for that we should go a simple as possible. Could you try plugging the ipod headphone output directly to the auxin input (without the external DAC)?

Can you switch back to radio when you are having the problem or not?

It'll actually cut out the radio audio even when I have the switch set to bypass, and won't transmit any audio regardless of switch position until I restart the engine. I'll try it with the DAC out of the system for a few days and see what happens.

It'll actually cut out the radio audio even when I have the switch set to bypass, and won't transmit any audio regardless of switch position until I restart the engine. I'll try it with the DAC out of the system for a few days and see what happens.

Okay. That's strange... Let me know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the post above mine, make sure if you bought a high end aux cable that you have it plugged in the correct direction. I know that sounds crazy, but I found out that doing mine tonight, I bought a $25 aux cable thinking I'd eek out every last drop of sound quality doing so, only I failed when plugging the cable to the head unit not noticing the arrows on each plug or the in and out on one or the other. In other words plugged in backwards it would hardly play from the phone. I'd say maybe 1/10 the radios volume. A quick removal of the back panel on the head unit, and swapping of the ends of the cable, and it played at correct volume. So in a nut shell, make sure the aux cable used is plugged in correctly or just use a non directional cable.

Trey

I've loved this great product and got one from the second batch ever made. However, I've always had one issue that maybe someone might have an idea to help.

When I plug in an iPod or smartphone directly, everything works great. When I plug my satellite radio directly, it doesn't want to play. I have a jury-rigged setup to get things to work, but it's not optimal, and I'd really rather it worked in a more straightforward manner (plug in directly and done!) So I was wondering if perhaps the signal sent from the satellite unit is weaker than that of an iPod? I can't otherwise fathom what's wrong. Ideas? :spin:

Maybe your satellite unit output is a "line out" instead of an "audio out"?

One of my older computers had both types of outputs and whenever I plugged my headphones into the wrong jack the volume would be super low.

I didn't think of that. The jack just says "audio." If it's running like a line out, what can I do to compensate?