LegacyGT.com

changing battery I NEED ASAP HELP!!

Today may have been the worst day of my life... i drove to class in my 05gt and after my 2 classes were done i went back to my car, parked in a parking garage with a 7'8" clearance and it wouldnt start, it made a clickin noise and that was it...so about an hour later i went back and tried to get stuff out of my car and it had no power at all to it, now i would have them tow my car to the dealership cuz its still under warrenty but they tow cant fit in the garage and they can move it but any damage, i would have to cover it...so im hoping if i change the battery i may have some luck.... worst part about it.. i have no idea how to change it :mad:..so please if someone can go from start to finish on how to take out the battery and put it back in please do........ ITD HELP ME OUT SO MUCH..thank you very much

A much easier thing to do would be to jump start your car ;)

1. Take the hold down off.

2. disconnect the NEGATIVE cable - it is the black one NOT THE RED ONE

3. disconnect the POSITIVE cable - it is the red one

4. Remove the battery

5. Put the new battery in; make sure that the POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE terminals are orientated the same way that the old one was.

6. Connect the POSITIVE cable - it is the red one

7. Connect the NEGATIVE cable - it is the black one

8. Have your keyfob handy because your alarm will likely go nuts, press the unlock button if it does.

9. Put the hold on back on.

You need a 10 mm socket and wrench to do all of this. Make sure you do not touch anything gains the positive and negative terminals at the same time.

Keep in m ind that if this is the worst day of your life you are in really good shape :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I was wondering the same thing... bump bump....

If i recall, it usually lasts for the same duration as your basic bumper-bumper warranty. Mine lasted 2.5 years. 36000 miles, hello!

I'm pretty sure they'll still help you out, but you'll be looking at a pretty big bill if you're not covered.

1. Take the hold down off.

2. disconnect the NEGATIVE cable - it is the black one NOT THE RED ONE

3. disconnect the POSITIVE cable - it is the red one

4. Remove the battery

5. Put the new battery in; make sure that the POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE terminals are orientated the same way that the old one was.

6. Connect the POSITIVE cable - it is the red one

7. Connect the NEGATIVE cable - it is the black one

8. Have your keyfob handy because your alarm will likely go nuts, press the unlock button if it does.

9. Put the hold on back on.

Thanks for this post Rao! I just successfully changed out the battery for a diehard gold south (Sears is two blocks away).

I would have been scared shitless if I didn't have your forewarning about the alarm going nuts. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived