LegacyGT.com

Cannot load Brentuning map "locked"

Just can't win. Got accesstuner downloaded but when I try to open the map in accesstuner I get a error message saying "unable to load map file, Invalid base map file"

Try to download it from your email right to accesstuner race and then maybe it will work. If thats what you tried, sorry. Beyond that you might just need support from Bren tuning. Bummer though, nothing like having your parts but not your tune :-(

Is it me or is Brentuning REALLYYY slow at responding to emails. I sent them emails Saturday & Sunday. Finally got a reply today around 3:30 with another map that yet again, doesn't work. Still getting the same message on AP manager. I contacted Cobb as well & they said the serial numbers don't match from the map to the Accessport. I sent Brentuning another email about what Cobb said & then another email about 30 min later with all of the serial numbers for the Accessport just to make sure. No replies. Now they are closed & I have to wait til who knows when tomorrow......

Accesstuner Race is not available on MAC so I assume, like I had to do, you installed parallels or a virtual machine to run windows correct? (or used a windows pc?)

After than you have to open the map sent to you by Brentuning with Accesstuner Race

Save it

Open Accessport Manager

Load that map

Upload that map to Accessport

Then you should be able to flash

Just can't win. Got accesstuner downloaded but when I try to open the map in accesstuner I get a error message saying "unable to load map file, Invalid base map file"

I had this exact problem.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-outback-xt-rebuild-chronicles-233261p11.html?highlight=chronicles

If I remember correctly, I had the wrong version of AccessTuner or the wrong MAP from COBB. Verify you have the correct version of AccessTuner and the correct MAP. The one they sent me was 2005.5 5EAT instead of 2005 5EAT.

Accesstuner Race is not available on MAC so I assume, like I had to do, you installed parallels or a virtual machine to run windows correct? (or used a windows pc?)

After than you have to open the map sent to you by Brentuning with Accesstuner Race

Save it

Open Accessport Manager

Load that map

Upload that map to Accessport

Then you should be able to flash

I tried that using our shop computer (windows). Still had no luck. Couldn't even load the map onto Accesstuner Race. My map from Brentuning must have something wrong. Cobb themselves told me the serial numbers are different & that I need to contact Brentuning.

The instructions from Brentuning also don't say anything about needing Accesstuner Race anyway. It just says to drag the map onto APmanager & then reflash the car with the map.

Interesting. So maybe they load and save it for you already. What's the map file extension?

weird. I think like CloudSeed said, there must be an conflicting issue with the year/model. Maybe check with cobb and brentuning to make sure you have the correct car info?

Not sure it would help but I can check if it will load into my accessport manager software on my mac

Archived