LegacyGT.com

Upgraded to VF52 a week ago and now have a P0011 code again?

Okay, so heres my deal. I blew my stock turbo a couple weeks ago. Since I wanted to upgrade eventually we decided what a better time to do it since I had to replace the turbo anyway. We installed a VF52, 740cc injectors, and an AVO fuel pump. A couple days ago I got the P0011 code again. I have not really been driving the car that much at all even right after the upgrade. Since I got the code again I haven't driven it at all. We also went with one step colder plugs today. I have an appointment with EFI Logics on Friday. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this?

How many miles on the car ? timing belt is done at 105,000 miles.

When was the last time you changed the oil ?

Run a can of motor flush through it and then change the oil. Before you get it tuned at EFI

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The car has 72,000 on it. Just changed the oil when we changed the turbo maybe 30 miles ago if that. I know it can mean dead turbo I had that code when I blew the first one. It can also be timming issue I think. I don't plan on running it at all except to get it to EFI.

The first one failed from oil starvation. Yes, we checked everything there were no metal shavings ( this was a huge worry to me). We also removed the banjo filter when we intalled the new turbo.

No I didn't get the P0021 code. Whats that one?

Sorry P0012

I had both a while back. Flush oil, and remove banjo filters. But you have done all that.

Here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/trouble-codes-cels-26113.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

The first one failed from oil starvation. Yes, we checked everything there were no metal shavings ( this was a huge worry to me). We also removed the banjo filter when we intalled the new turbo.

When u removed the banjo bolt, was the screen clogged?.....im asking because im changing my oil in the next few days and im goin to have my guy check the banjo bolt screen

P0011 timing over advance, especially after a blown turbo is indicative of oil starvation TO the heads.

Im not sure if your aware but a blown stock turbo (usually) will take the integrity of the cam journals and main bearings with it. (bearing shreds from the turbo dump into the oil pan and get circulated throughout the engine like the black plague)

Oil starved cams are significantly harder to rotate. I *think* the increased difficulty for the timing belt to easily turn the cams is where it senses a timing change- through excess rotational resistance. The car usually runs lile crap around this period and time as well.

Happened to my friend the other day, turbo blew and took the entire LONG block with it.

But uhhhh. Check the avcs banjo lines for debris.

We have cleaned everything. No metal was in the pan. That was the thing I was scared of after trying to research the incident on here. Although the search on here isn't to great. I did manage to find some threads about the issue the first time it happened. That's why I was asking why I threw the code again after all the cleaning and reinstall. I am hoping EFI will fix my sick Leggy on Friday.

For me personally if I encountered the code after a turbo failure, I'd check the engine oil pressure, and check the oil FLOW to the turbo. After that, I'd be looking at the OCVs. Not sure if they are swappable from side to side.

I do have a question for you though...did you reuse the stock oil feed line to the turbo? I believe it has a restrictor in the banjo fitting to reduce oil flow to the turbo and keep it from dumping all the oil from that line. Without that restriction, you will get low oil pressure to the OCV, potentially causing this code.

After a day at EFI Logics my car is finally running awesome! The AVCS on the passenger side was not working at all. That's that caused the code. Final result is 300whp/313wtq.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268953_2268790362172_1320979224_2704299_7986850_n.jpg

Just saw your post in the other thread.

Glad everything worked out ok. Oh yea, pretty car too.

Archived