LegacyGT.com

Was hoping for LGT wagon

axxe

A while back, I was hoping a new gen LGT wagon would be made. No luck. There really are not many options out there for a quick wagon with AWD and a stick. The new Impreza is just too small with 2 kids. Does Subaru have plans for a LGT wagon? Any rumors?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After they cancelled it in 2006, not really.

Outback and Tribeca are carrying that water, and now neither, except perhaps a base non-turbo outback, come with a stick shift.

It does suck.

Maybe a left-over Saab, Volvo, or Audi. Perhaps the new CTS wagon might be offering a stick...

The last and only turbo LGT wagon (pre- 2005 "LGTs" were normally aspirated) w/ a MT was 2005. The LGT wagon was also offered in the U.S. for 2006 and 2007 model years, but only w/ a 5EAT.

As far as new AWD wagons w/ manual transmissions, your choices are very limited. After several years of no MT, the Volvo V50 T5 AWD wagon is now available w/ a 6MT, but it's pretty small. The Saab 9-3X is available w/ their "XWD" system and a MT, but who knows what's happening w/ Saab after the Koenigsegg purchase failed. The BMW 328xi is available w/ a 6MT, but it's also tiny. The 535xi is available w/ a 6MT, but it's expensive.

The Audi A4 Avant is no longer available in MT. :( CTS wagon is purportedly AT only.

^

If and when it comes time to replacing my LGT wagon, I will probably go w/ a WRX 5-door, especially the new Limited that will be coming out in 2010. The interior passenger volume of a WRX 5-door (94 cubic feet) is pretty similar to my LGT wagon (97 cubic feet) given that the wheelbase difference is only 2 inches (103 in. vs. 105 in.). The primary difference is that the LGT wagon has much more rear overhang than does the WRX 5-door and, as a consequence, far more cargo volume behind the back seat at 34 cubic feet for my LGT wagon versus 19 cubic feet for the WRX.

I have both a WRX wagon and a Leggy wagon and the Leggy winds hands down in space. I have to fit my surfboards thru the middle up to the shift knob on the WRX but put it across the whole back seat on the Leggy. Maybe the newer ones use space more efficiently. The older imprezza's had more space than the more recent ones.

I have both a WRX wagon and a Leggy wagon and the Leggy winds hands down in space. I have to fit my surfboards thru the middle up to the shift knob on the WRX but put it across the whole back seat on the Leggy. Maybe the newer ones use space more efficiently. The older imprezza's had more space than the more recent ones.

The 08+ Impreza 5-doors have more passenger volume than older Impreza wagons, but the cargo capacity is pretty much a wash. The 02-07 Impreza wagon rode on a 99 inch wheelbase and has 90 cubic feet of passenger volume and 18 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the back seat. The 08+ Impreza 5-door rides on a 103 inch wheelbase and has 94 cubic feet of passenger volume and 19 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the back seat. However, for some reason, with the rear seats down, the 02-07 Impreza wagons had more cargo space (62 cubic feet) than the 08+ 5-doors do (45 cubic feet). Weird.

^^^^ you know we are not getting Legacy Wagons here, stop teasing us :(

As far as older vs newer Imprezas go, the older ones were true wagons while new one is a pure hatch. SOA's calling it "wagon" does not make it one (big surprise).

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

130k and still running strong. I hope to get alot more out of my car. will be paid off this summer. I really don't know what I'd replace it with. I'd consider used outback XT, or a forester XT. if not subaru than i don't know what.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

130k and still running strong. I hope to get alot more out of my car. will be paid off this summer. I really don't know what I'd replace it with. I'd consider used outback XT, or a forester XT. if not subaru than i don't know what.

I'll probably have to look at Audi when I need a new awd stick shift wagon. Or are those all gone too? :(

A4 Avant is no longer being imported, either.

Still being built...

But A4 Avant and A5 Sportback are not being imported to the US. I WANT an A5 Sportback... It is one of the few cars I would overlook the lack of a boxer engine for, simply because it has EVERYTHING else I want, including a hatchback.

But no. The US doesn't get the option of that, nor a wagon.

A4 Sedan

A5 Coupe

A5 Cabrio

X- A5 Sportback

X- A4 Avant.

Audi says they want their A7 Sportback to bring hatchbacks back to the US.

But it does nobody any damn good who can't afford a $50K+ car... when they COULD offer the cars in the A4/5 family that are much more attainable.

I was home with a sick kid and had some time to car shop online. If not Subaru, my first choice is the BMW 535xi wagon. It will not happen though because it is close to $60k once you dress it up. I like to Volvo V50 T5R. It is at or above the price of a STi at the dealers. It is not real powerful and I doubt there is as much of an aftermarket as Subaru. I share the Saab concern. Who knows if they will make it? If Subaru is proding a Legacy wagon, I wonder why they won't bring it here. It might be a good move. Crossovers are the new thing and a wagon was just named Motor Trend "SUV of the Year".

Well - Saab is now going down the drain, but that's another thread.

As wagons go - the decision to not sell Legacy wagons in North America seems to be a bit stupid from my point of view. But I suspect that they think that the Outback is sufficient. Unfortunately that's not really true.

At least over here no car maker can expect to survive on the market if they don't offer a wagon model. The majority of the sales are wagons for many brands.

453747.png

Sucks, my only rides are 5 mt wagons. I'll have to maximize what I have (05). Still will need a replacement in a few years.

I will drive mine to the ground....

Well, still with 28k miles on it still, so i guess another 5 years or so....

;););)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

A4 Avant is no longer being imported, either.

Still being built...

But A4 Avant and A5 Sportback are not being imported to the US.

Audi's U.S. website still shows the A4 Avant being available for 2010, as is the A6 Avant. No A5 Sportback though.

I'm with peteyjr -- you guys are making me think I shouldn't be putting on as many miles but it's too fun not to drive!

Sactojesse, it appears that the A4 and A6 are not being offered in manual transmissions in the US market in 2010. Maybe I'm reading that wrong?

I know that the 2010 Volvo V50 T5 R-design offers a 6 speed manual. The interior is pretty nice, too (though I've only seen the non-turbo version).

I'm putting about 16K miles a year on my BP, hoping to get it running for few more years; I have have 61K on it now. Nothing worth replacing it with is on the horizon anyway except for maybe CPO 535xi.

Oil pickup is replaced, and now the only weak point is stock turbo.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

How do you guys have so few miles on your wagons? Mine is a daily driver and gets 20 g a year. I need another ride besides my WRX.

For me, besides working from home 4 days a week, I use public transportation during the week, and only use my car on weekends...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Sactojesse, it appears that the A4 and A6 are not being offered in manual transmissions in the US market in 2010. Maybe I'm reading that wrong?

That's correct, no MTs for A4 Avant or A6 Avant in the U.S. The U.S. A6 Avant hasn't had a MT for quite a few years. I believe Audi of America stopped offering the A4 Avant w/ MT in the 2009 MY.

I was merely responding to IWSS' comment about the A4 Avant not being offered at all in the U.S. It's available, but only w/ a Tiptronic. The DSG system from the A3 would be a huge improvement over the Tiptronic, IMO.

Archived