LegacyGT.com

Annoying issue with the roof/after rain. Anyone else?

Since the car has no rubber strips on the roof (weatherstripping?), I've found that every time I try to get in the car after its been rained on, I ALWAYS get my left shoulder/arm wet. The water on the roof drips right down the passenger opening and into me. IMO, they went for "looks" rather than function in deciding not to have those strips, but damn its going to piss me off if im going to get wet every time i get in the car after its rained...

I get wet when there is water on the top and i drive with the window open. It always manages to get my whole arm soaked. I pay attention to it now, just gotta go a few seconds before opening the window. Don't notice it when i get into the car though...

Yeah the rainguards are an option, though i will wait till i see some pictures. The pictures the websites show aren't very good. I don't like the rain guards which stick out too much, so i want to see how it looks before...Not to mention they are pricey right now.

its ridiculous that i have to shell out extra money on such an expensive car to correct whats essentially an oversight from Subaru :( Also, in my case, it happens when i get in the car, so the only real option i have is either buy those things, or use a squeege every time it rains... pretty ridiculous if you ask me .. :(

I just bought my Genuine Subaru rain guards from [url]www.cc-b.com[/url] this guy imports them from europe, and has the most fair price BY FAR compared to other nasioc and legacygt.com vendors. I paid 155. and since he is in illinois like me there was no shipping charge cuz i picked it up. (the shipping should be 30 bucks.) he was VERY direct and VERY nice person to deal with. They are very small and unnoticable. They dont hang down at all(cuz they would get stuck on the window when you opened it.) they do stick out a little but it is very nonchalaunt(sp?). I would recoimend to anyone who smokes, or just likes ventilation. Mike...

[quote name='05USdmGTgUy']I just bought my Genuine Subaru rain guards from [url]www.cc-b.com[/url] this guy imports them from europe, and has the most fair price BY FAR compared to other nasioc and legacygt.com vendors. I paid 155. and since he is in illinois like me there was no shipping charge cuz i picked it up. (the shipping should be 30 bucks.) he was VERY direct and VERY nice person to deal with. They are very small and unnoticable. They dont hang down at all(cuz they would get stuck on the window when you opened it.) they do stick out a little but it is very nonchalaunt(sp?). I would recoimend to anyone who smokes, or just likes ventilation. Mike...[/QUOTE] Any chance you can take some pictures of different angles to give us an idea of fit, size, etc?

There is no noticable change in wind noise w/ or w/o the windows down. They seem to be very aerodynamically sound(if that makes sense). I will have pics up by end of day. You can only really notice them if you stand directly in front or behind car. They blend in well. Mike....

figured id throw these in and see what yall thought of mt sti underhood goodies:) the rad. caps gave me at least 30whp!!!!Seriously the strut tower brace made a NOTICABLE difference in crispness of steering turn-in and sloppiness.

Mike...

DSCF0049.JPG.2f20135f15d9d30a47ee729ef4bfd62d.JPG

DSCF0050.JPG.cf4f0a7fef4e7b804c110a2dba586c9b.JPG

[quote name='05USdmGTgUy']figured id throw these in and see what yall thought of mt sti underhood goodies:) the rad. caps gave me at least 30whp!!!!Seriously the strut tower brace made a NOTICABLE difference in crispness of steering turn-in and sloppiness. Mike...[/QUOTE] How difficult was the install? Did you also put new rubber on the wheels?

Jeez, my 03 vette, and my 99 Maxima used to spill water on me also, I thought there were a lot of cars that did this, and it was just specific to the setup or look of the vehicle. To think of it my 95 Mustang GT did the same thing, and a lot worse than this car. I don't know, I figured it was just part of owning some cars. But I guess with this being an AWD vehicle and suggested use for bad weather areas, I guess your right, it should be better.

[quote name='jim1969']How difficult was the install? Did you also put new rubber on the wheels?[/QUOTE] The wheels are still stock , for the winter, then the bling goes on (ssr professors 18x8). The steering response was greatly improved. The install is SIMPLE. 6 bolts and an allen wrench. Just remember to seperate the center bar from the arms before you bolt down the arms.(saves alot of time) Mike....

[quote name='05USdmGTgUy']The wheels are still stock , for the winter, then the bling goes on (ssr professors 18x8). The steering response was greatly improved. The install is SIMPLE. 6 bolts and an allen wrench. Just remember to seperate the center bar from the arms before you bolt down the arms.(saves alot of time) Mike....[/QUOTE]Make sure you post pictures of those rims when the time comes! :D I'm really, really interested to see how they look.
-ben

Archived