LegacyGT.com

droopy headlight beams

My Legacy is supposed to have self-levelling headlights. They don't! The beams dip so low that they light up about 15 feet of road. They are supposed to adjust depending on the load being carried, so to get them to work at the correct levels, I need to load the car with about 800 lbs of stuff. This is not an option! Any ideas?:mad:

First check if you have a manual adjustment by the mirror adjustment and instrument light rheostat.

And otherwise - if the adjustment is off you can adjust it manually too, you will need a socket and a handle. I think it's a 10mm socket. There's a head on top of the motor that should be accessible.

And the motors for adjustment are electric.

453747.png

• 3 months later...

It turns out that when I bought the car last week, I had the 'droopy headlight' syndrome.

When I had to drive it home in thE dark for the first time I was pretty surprised.

The lamps (bulbs) were installed incorrectly, they were aligned with the blades perfectly vertical, but they are supposed to be about 45 degrees. if they are misaligned, they won't seat properly & you can never get the right beam.

Glad I checked the easy fix first. now I hope nobody tried to aim them when they were installed like that!

Archived