LegacyGT.com

Prova Mirror Overlays

Mark34

I just got some of the Prova mirror overlays from Japan but they don't seem to fit correctly. I found that there may be a different type mirror for an '07 LGT than their page says. The box from the mirrors say bl/bp (D-) GH, RN, Does this mean anything to anyone? And if they are for a D type mirror, can i swap whatever mirror type I have for a D type, if the D type will fit in the factory housing? Thanks!

669077494_New004.thumb.jpg.81853a9a9312adb5a2fac8c44d1f0ef4.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are correct. I took a little trip over the dealership today to check and they fit the '08+ LGT perfectly. They do not; however, fit a 2.5i. So now to try and track down a trade for some '08 side view mirrors.

313020925_New001.thumb.jpg.65aead89fe95b371e856e87a1086105b.jpg

Glad it's been solved. :)

The overlays are similar to those Broadway mirrors in that they provide a wider angle of view. Plus they have either a blue or yellow tint which is supposed to reduce headlight glare.

-ben

Think they'd fit an 09 OBXT?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Not sure. I'm currently working an deal for the ones I have, but I do have an inspection appointment this week before this deal would go thru, so I'll try and check them against it while I'm at the dealer.

That'd be awesome.

Are they actually supposed to increase the range of vision, or just tint the glass?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The mirrors on the 03- current Cadillac CTS come with these mirrors. My brother has a 2003 CTS and from my experience riding in his car, its a BIG difference in glare. Nothing is worst than getting blinded by some ricer that has improperly installed HIDS on their 1994 Honda Civic behind you.

That and all the maladjusted ones... When are people gonna learn that an adjustment screw isn't a removal screw.

Nice find...I didn't know these existed.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Yeah, I want to see them too. And see if they eliminate those blind spots as advertised. My buddy has the wide angle mirrors on his VW and raves about them.

Post office said it will take about 3 days for drew888 to get them, so hopefully he will get them on and follow up.

I had to wash the car first but did it late in the day and haven't installed them yet.

Doing so this Saturday.

I'm just a bit worried about cracking them. They are very nice, very good optics, but somewhat fragile. If you push too hard in the middle while installing you can crack it.

I'll post a few pics right after I get them on.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Good question. I've been wondering that too. I doubt that the tape will conduct enough heat to make them work properly. I was thinking maybe dabbing some of that thermal paste you would use on a computer processor could help? But that tape is a couple mils thick and you would need a lot. Can't wait for the pics though.

Drew, did you at least dry fit them? I've still been wondering if they fit perfectly on the '08s.

Archived