LegacyGT.com

CAR wont reflash

bdickey058

green test mode connectors under passenger side kick panel? I know these need to be connected to flash a COBB map.
Here's proof: Just 1 minute after buying my OBXT, I had 7 phone calls from insanely hot women, and got 7 dates out of it. Coincidence? I think not.

you should not be driving you car with stage 2 parts on a stock map btw...

x2 on the green test connectors... they need to be plugged for flashing only. (the fan will cycle on and off when the car is in test mode) you need to get in test mode to flash... but when logging they need to be unplugged

thanks m sprank. the guy i'm goign to use to reflash my computer is legit. he is a good tuner but has no clue what is going on with my car. now he's never reflashed a legacygt b/c well in south dakota there not that popular so idk. hopefully someone can figure it out

well i'm running a spt intake, invidia catless down pipe, and some catted invidiat catted up-pipe with a catback exhaust. car runs fine. no check engine light but i need to get it reflashed, the only problem that i have noticed is the car runs very rich! noone around here seems to know the problem. idk what to do. i'm going to call subaru here in town and have them look at it

well i'm running a spt intake, invidia catless down pipe, and some catted invidiat catted up-pipe with a catback exhaust. car runs fine. no check engine light but i need to get it reflashed, the only problem that i have noticed is the car runs very rich! noone around here seems to know the problem. idk what to do. i'm going to call subaru here in town and have them look at it

Do yourself a favor and take off the SPT intake and put the stock one back on until you can get protuned.

alright. so i take the car into subaru and they said they had no problem connecting with the ecm. everything was legit. they ran all sorts of test and do not see a problem anywhere. so it must be this guys cable or he doesnt know how to tune a legacy. he has did tons of wrx's but never a legacy. are they set up any diff?

Check the damn cable and make sure he has the right drivers and car loaded. Buy your own $15 VAG-COM cable and download romraider. See if you can connect yourself. If you can, ditch your "tuner" and get an e-tune from Infamous1.

Your "tuner" is smoking crack IMHO.

Just got off the phone with subaru again, they said they could go into the computer and check codes but since there is no update for the legacy that cant get into the ecu to reflash the computer. now i'm the only one that i know of around my area that has a lgt with any mods done to it. so idk what to do. they are thinking my car was married at one time and never unmarried. they dont know it if was ecutek or cobb or what not. anyone have any ideas. this is really starting to make me angry. grrrrr..... that was suppose to be intimidating

Hey bdickey058, I live in Omaha, NE and frequently travel to Sioux City, IA to visit family. Maybe we could get together up there next week when I go up to work on my Mom's computer. I've got a latop loaded with every version of everything LGT, a working VagCom cable and several hundred hours of experience tuning the 05LGT's. We should be able to figure out your issue pretty quick.

BTW, that's my thread he is referring you to. I'll figure out what day/days I'm planning on heading to Sioux City and I'll P.M. you with some info. Heck, if I can get access to the ECU; I could/should probably also just go ahead and tune while I'm there. I'm sure my prices would be much more reasonable than your local tuner... If you need references; just ask any of the Omaha guys on here about my tuning abilities/results as compared to most of the other available "e-tunes" or "pro-tunes" that they have had.

Let's kick this pig!

qikslvr's tunes are the real deal. I've got uppipe, downpipe,full exhaust, and CAI. About 15-20 minutes of making some adjustments from scratch and my car is running a strong and clean stage 2 and has remained without issue for several months now. It's conservative, but with these sharp and sudden changes in climates we have in the Midwest, it calls for a tune like that.

Archived