LegacyGT.com

Virginia Beach

Subie_Mick

All

I am considering a relocation assignment with my company. I am currently in Pittsburgh and this is where I grew up and the new assignment is in VA Beach.

I am 27 and single.

What is the area like? Where should I look and avoid for housing?

Any other info would be great

Well VA beach and surrounding area is nice. Oceanfront is heavy tourist area, expensive to park there. Weather is nice, coldish in the winter but hardly ever any snow or ice, definitely warmer than Pittsburgh. I liked the area enough to stay at the end of my navy career. Housing is kind of median prices. More expensive than a lot of areas, but way less than say northern virginia. A fair amount of foreclosures at good prices like anywhere right now. Lots of military and defense contractors. There is a pretty good amount of subaru enthusiasts on nasioc that meet up at least once a week.

ahh VA Beach...I moved there from Northern Virginia following my wife's career in the Navy. There is a good mix of good and bad areas. I live in Kempsville which has a mix of older houses (mine was built in 1964) and middle 80's town houses. I guess it depends on what kind of area you want to live in.

Archived