LegacyGT.com

What is the ultimate $40k daily driver?

Here's challenge to pick the best all around nice daily driver.

Criteria:

- $40k total price (new or used), see below for corrections. Do not include taxes

- You have a $300/month budget to maintain the car. If the car is new and includes warranty/service, this may be applied as a monthly payment on a more expensive car for 3 years, for an extra $10k to the total price.

- 25 mpg, 20k miles a year is the baseline mileage, or $3200 a year for gas. Add or subtract cost over 3 years for a major variation in fuel economy

- Modifications should include cost of parts plus labour and count as part of total price

- Must be 4 season capable, include any costs for winterization (snow tires for RWD/FWD) in the total price

Goals, self scoring:

- Fun to drive, extra points for manual, big HP, good handling

- Practical, must transport 4 adults and/or a good amount of stuff

- Luxury counts

- Must impress women/peers/other people

Example:

2012 STi hatch, stage 2+, suspension mods, etc, w/service package for total $50k. Is plenty fun and fast, is impressive to younger people, not as much luxury.

2010 Audi S4 or BMW 335xi manual, $40k total used. Fun, fast, very nice and impresses the ladies.

ETC.

GO!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honda civic

subaru outback

pontiac g6

acura mdx

toyota camry or corolla

Its what the ladies drive around here, so if u gots one, they'll be impressed. lol

Thats the "hot" moms btw

What age r u trying to impress here

Forgot to read all the rules,

I already own it, a 2005 LGT STG2

Its under 40k, fun to drive, capable of 4 seasons, impresses the ladies, luxury, 25mpg, manual, good handling and big Hp.

2005 Subaru Legacy Stage2 fits em all. Thank You for the compliment

when did stage 2 become big horsepower? :iam: no offense :)

how about a EV0..8 or 9... can pick them up as cheap as ten grand in decent running condition.... then you have 30 to make it a bad ass car... lemme see here...

stock evo 8 $15000

Burschur Stage 3 RPM 2.3 stroke $4,400.00

Burschur Stage 3 Head $1700

Cosworth Cams $600

Adjustable Cam Gears $3000

Full Race Manifold 1,450

FP black $2500

AEM EMS $2000

SnowPerformance Stage 3 Meth Kit $800

Fuel Pump set up $500

INjectors $500

Roughly $34k after tuning.... and would make 650HP easily at the wheels :)

My 05 5mt wagon. what would be even better is this car with a sti 6mt.

Roomy, rides nice, good HP, cheap on taxes...quick

And I don't think it high on the "let's steal that car" list.

And it didn't cost 40K, not that I haven't spent that much on it... ;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No girl gets moist thinking about a station wagon.

Your meeting the wrong kind of women. LOL

That's why my other car is a Spec B. LOL

Te GF has even received comments from other women about that car when she drives it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No girl gets moist thinking about a station wagon.

Yes they do. The divorced MILF's that are looking not only for a companion, but also a father figure for their kids. They see a wagon and think, here is a responsible young man that I can screw and ask to go to the grocery store to buy my kids' school supplies.

If you are into redneck women, I suggest a truck. The bigger, the better. If you have big old wheels, you are bound to attract a redneck female with big old jugs of her own. She will show you her people of walmart inspired tattoo, but you will have to lay some rubber down and peel out to get her to strip.

If you are into wholesome, girls next door that like to dress up, I recommend buying a car with a badge. BMW, Mercedes, Range Rover, etc. They may look nice on the outside, but these girls require maintenance and want someone with a deep wallet. You will not get them wet if you show up with a Nissan. If you want a girl that likes your Honda/Nissan/Toyota, please cruise by the local HS.

Yes they do. The divorced MILF's that are looking not only for a companion, but also a father figure for their kids. They see a wagon and think, here is a responsible young man that I can screw and ask to go to the grocery store to buy my kids' school supplies.

:lol: Funny because true.

Archived