LegacyGT.com

i need a timing belt suggestion

The belt should have been changed at 105,000 miles.

But yes, the Gates kit is the same as OEM.

I found mine in the for sale forum here. Or buy it from one of the Vendors on here.

Support those that support the forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

+1 Gates all the way! Let me know if you need a tensioner... I've got one with the grenade pin in if you want it (for a few bucks). It's soooo much easier to just put another one in than to try to reload one (unless you have a press, in which case that's pretty straightforward).

I know I should' ve done it before but I bought the cat with 120 k and I didn't know if the previous owner had it replaced or not but I got in contact with him not long ago and he told me he didn't change it ... Thank you guy for your help ... I guess I'm gonna go for Gates...

@ Dezehner I will let u know this next week about the tensioner I ll send u a pm .. thanks

I'd strongly advise you to change your timing belt tensioner as well. @ 55000 miles, mine decided to die on me. Luckily (strong emphasis on this word), my engine still runs. Fairly rare occurrence for these tensioners to fail but it does happen. Since you'll be 'in there', take this opportunity to change that part as well.

usually the belt is fine just when a idler seizes or a tensioner fails belt snaps.

^+1 like so: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/438221-post5.html

Though this was a bit extreme.. Usually, the idler that fails is the small one to the right of the tensioner: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEk0-UIE-k]Project Import: Subaru WRX STi Timing Belt Pulley Tensioner Bearing Goes Bad www.projectimport.com - YouTube[/ame]

Archived