LegacyGT.com

Tein S Springs

moviemadness

Everyone I have heard of using Tein springs alone complain of them being way way way too stiff. Know of a couple guys that put these on their WRXs and thought that it made the ride horrible without really increasing the cars performance that much. Tein has some really nasty spring rates. Their coilover stuff is better though.

No, they are not that bad. The ride is actually pretty good over small bumps. You WILL want to slow down for any big bumps such as railroad tracks or things like that. You will get a quick reminder that you are not on stock suspension any more!

well, i'm not expecting plush rides like a frikin lincoln town car,

but I also don't want it to be like a roller coaster.

oh well, I'll find out this weekend.

if all goes well, I'll be praising it..

if not, you'll my classifieds real soon lol

i'm not too worried though, it's all poker money LOL

mixed reviews from what I've seen. The other piece is that after about a year, they lose their "lift" capability and start to sag oddly.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Its definately stiff, I guess since its progressive the little bumps are absolutely fine. If you hit a big bump though thats when your really feel it. Definately a performance gain, theres like no body roll now which is really what I wanted to eliminate they do what a good performance spring should do I guess. As for the sag I have not seen that yet, and I have seen these springs on WRXes for extended periods and I have not seen this so Im hoping it doesnt happen. Im guessing my struts will go before that happens. The best part is the drop, if you like your car low, the back is a bit higher than the front which I really like. I'll prolly get some coilovers in a year or so, so this was the best way for me to get rid of the hideous wheel gap and get the drop I was looking for, and for 150.00 if they start to sag after a few years just get some new ones.

I haven't had enough driving experience with these springs yet, but here are my thoughts so far:

1. the ride is definitely much more bumpier.. the pot holes are killer.

2. the car turns in much swifter.. before the drop it used to be body roll then turn in, but now it's more turn in then little body roll then tire failure. haha..

3. side note: blizzaks suck in cornering.

4. haven't noticed any rubbing

5. the ride really isn't much different on flat roads. the car is still quiet and smooth.

6. looks sooo much more better now

I'll keep updating my thoughts and comments on this when i get more driving out of it..

Archived