LegacyGT.com

So the dealer's had my car over a week...

I had a solid CEL and blinking cruise so I took it into the dealer. According to them, I have a P0302 misfire in cylinder 2. I took it in last Tuesday morning and they seemed to think they would have it done by the end of the day. They did all the usual stuff for a misfire (spark plug, coilpack) and by the end of the day, they still hadn't diganosed the problem and said that if they couldn't get it fixed by COB Wednesday that they'd give me a loaner. They couldn't figure it out, so they hooked me up with a loaner.

Since then, they've done compression tests, leakdown tests (both with normal results) and replaced the ECU. They can't seem to figure out what the problem is, although today they told me they ordered parts having to do with a valve they may think is sticking. They also told me that cylinder 2 is running 15 degrees colder than the other three.

Honestly, the dealership has been extremely helpful and accomodating with the loaner car and the updates on the situation, it just seems rather odd that they are going on a week and a half and they still can't figure out what the problem is.

I realize that posting here isn't going to make the diagnosis/work get done any faster, but I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar problems.

Did they try replacing the fuel injector?

Yep, I think they're thinking it's something internal to the engine at this point. It should also be noted that while the car does shake at idle a little, it still runs like a champ at wide open throttle.

ok, so the dealer's been calling me with updates every day (we did this, we did that) and they've been very helpful. After pulling my engine and examining the cylinder heads they find nothing wrong. I'm told that they "cleaned" a few things up and that they think that if they put it back together and they think that the problem will be resolved. Does this make sense to anyone? I have a cylinder misfiring, they disassemble the engine, reassemble the engine with no internal changes and the problem will magically go away? I'm at a loss for the logic on this one....

Archived