LegacyGT.com

Cold Weather Noise

Howdy everyone, I am having some strange noises in the cold weather. When it is under 20 degrees I am getting a clicking/clunking noise while turning left. I took the car in the dealer I bought it at yesterday excepting a cv joint failure. They checked over the boots and everything which I did to no cracks or splits. They said that the dust covers were really close to the rotors and adjusted them. I am still hearing some noise while I am turning. Could it just be from the cold weather?? Any insight would be appreciated!

Should not make any noise like that just from the cold.

Drive next to a building and roll down the window and see if you can hear better.

Find a shopping plaza and drive down the side of the building.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...
I've got the same issue. It used to only be when the car was cold and when it was slick out (snow), but the noise is getting more frequent and on dry roads now. I've been told that it is the CV's beginning to wear before they fail. I've got 145k on the stock CV's, so I'll be looking into it in the spring.

Archived