LegacyGT.com

clutch pedal issues

happhomemaker

This is my second post, cant find first one:confused: I have a 99 subaru legacy gt 5mt. The clutch pedal does not come out the whole way, If you leave out fast its fine, when you drive normally the clutch only comes out about 3/4, no slippage works fine other than pedal. Replaced hose, bled and pumped up. All to no avail. Any ideas what going on? Any help would be great.

• 1 month later...
I had an issue similar to this in an 03 wrx that i owned. clutch would go to the floor and not come back up all the way. I just took the lid off the master cylinder and pumped the clutch and got all the air out of the system and toped off the fluid in the master cylinder. It could also be the spring in the pedal going bad.

+1 on occasionally bleeding/flushing the hydraulics. This is good practice for any car and for the brakes as well.

It will keep the master and receiving cylinder in better shape longer and if you clear any bubbles while you're at it, the pedal will feel more solid with a more predictable engagement point.

I'm dealing with a pedal that doesn't always return and from what I've heard, this is a possible master cylinder issue.

The root of the problem is that the force from the clutch isn't strong enough to push the pedal "past the hump" of the spring down by your foot.

Whether it's an adjustment or part replacement is something I'll be discovering soon enough (still haven't even run a full tank through my car yet).

Archived