LegacyGT.com

Question - installing RCK on SpecB

mad99

I'm installing the Whiteline roll center adjust kit KCA313 (WL RCK) on my 2007 spec.B (which has alloy lower control arm LCA).

How do you remove the "original tapered insert/reducer" from the original ball joint to re-use it with the WL ball joint?

Once you have the ball joint seperated from the knuckle,you can use a pickle fork. Put the castle nut on a few threads and stand the ball joint up on the nut. Place the pickle fork on the cone shaped insert and tap the fork with a hammer,this should drive the insert off the ball joint stud.

If you have a really stubborn insert,you will need something like a gear or bearing puller tool. I have had to use both methods.

I ended up using a tool like this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=99849

Did you use a pickle fork to remove the ball joint from the knuckle, on a car with alumiunm lower control arms?

I also used that tool the second time i did the ball joints.

Plenty of PB blaster and a large pry bar is all it took me,no pickle forks for joint removal. I also used anti sieze inside the ball joint cavity of the knuckle. Very thankfull that i did,as i had to do this job twice to replace the ball joints with the updated version.

Archived