LegacyGT.com

Lowering springs a no-go

khurlburt

I was patiently waiting for my Progress springs to be put on, when the mechanic came out and said that they made the car too low to get off the lift. What springs will clear pretty much any lift? desperatly want to lower my leggy.. she looks like a monster truck :redface:

kinda what i was thinking.. because my step dads 3 series bmw goes in for work there all the time and that sits lower than the springs will make my car sit. He also said that they wouldn't be able to align the car properly since it would be so low. It's only 1.3 in the front and 1.0 inches of drop in the back.. i just think the guy didn't want to do it

I was patiently waiting for my Progress springs to be put on, when the mechanic came out and said that they made the car too low to get off the lift. What springs will clear pretty much any lift? desperatly want to lower my leggy.. she looks like a monster truck :redface:
i have these springs on my car, no issues and its driven in Canadian winters.

Thanks for the responses guys. Gonna take it elsewhere. And how is the drop? Is it as it's advertised? And if you have pictures then throw them up :) thanks again for the responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

check out ENCHANT's avatar...that was my original site, but i locked myself out...but that is lowered on progress springs and koni's

You'll gain several degrees of negative camber with the drop, and, unless you have camber arms at the rear, you'll be running a lot of negative camber there. You can regain some at the front with the camber bolts. Toe is also affected, so I can imagine his frustration at getting the alignment set.

And yes, just get some boards and put under the tires when you're going off and on the lift. Couldn't be more simple.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived