LegacyGT.com

Brakes and Suspension

dba rotors, hawk HPS pads. look in the correct sub-forum for info on the best coilovers, dont waste money on new struts springs, get some bigger sway bars w/ polyurethane bushings, new lower control arm bushings

done.

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

^ Nonsense. ;) Don't waste your money on coilovers. In order to get a decent ride, you need to get very expensive coilovers. Cheapies will likely improve the handling at the expense of a comfortable ride. Struts and springs will give you closer to the improvement you're looking for without sacrificing ride for less money than coilovers. Konis and Epics are what I run and what I recommend. Enjoy!

The rest of the advice is good. :)

dba rotors, hawk HPS pads. look in the correct sub-forum for info on the best coilovers, dont waste money on new struts springs, get some bigger sway bars w/ polyurethane bushings, new lower control arm bushings

done.

Pretty much what he said.

Koni inserts and Epic springs are highly recommended. check out m sprank and Mike from AZPinstalls.com for good deals. Also check out the vendor forum.

I bought my Hawk pads on my 09 from Mike at AZP and the Hawk Ceramics pads on my wagon from a member on here.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Brembos do not fit in the stock LGT wheels. You need larger wheels to fit a big brake kit. Lots of people run Brembos or other BBK, but general consensus is that it is overkill for these cars. Upgraded pads and rotors with the stock calipers is a nice conservative and very effective upgrade.

love my brembos and DBA4000 rotors. YES they are spendy, YES some may not be able to justify the expense...But i do enjoy them. I love the bite of the pads, the stopping power and how they look compared to smaller stock ones. to each his own. just depends on your budget and overall plans for the car.

so your going off research and not actual use? because I have used both.

YES they are cheaper. But the HPS is a better pad. They do both dust but you will find that on ant performance pad.

Archived