LegacyGT.com

Does this happen to anyone else?

Over the past month or so, I've noticed something weird about the Legacy. Under harder acceleration, when I put the clutch in to upshift, the tach hesitates for a split second and then jumps about 100-200 rpms before dropping until I put it in the next gear. I don't hear the engine continue to rev up and I know my foot isnt still on the accelerator, so what is causing this? Is it something with the drive by wire throttle, or the turbo still taking in air, or just a minor glitch with the tachometer? It doesn't really bother me, I've just been curious about what the hell is causing this. Cheers!

Happens to me also, I was thinking it was the extra boost from the turbo ? As if it affects the motor before the BOV opens. This is the first car I have ever owned with a Turbo, but my good ole 350 from GM never did that. Could be the computer... but there is no reason for that to happen. Hopefully somebody with turbo experiance can answer this one.

Hadn't noticed this, but a week ago, I came up on some traffic on I95. I guess they were going really slow, because I had to downshift from 5th, to 4th to 3rd and I noticed that as the car decellerated, the check engine light began flashing. It went away after a few minutes, but it appear that downshifting like that caused some type of warning to go off. Hasn't come back yet. I guess I'll just brake like all the folks with an automatic transmission from now own. Anyway, don't want to hijack this thread, just my experience to share.

Haha, not hijacking at all, I wanna know about all the quirks this car has. Glad to see I'm not the only person with this problem, but I sincerely doubt there is anything wrong with the car. I've never owned a turbo car either, so its a bit of a mystery to me. Anyone else have an idea whats going on?

Archived