LegacyGT.com

Well, it finally happened to me....crash

Today I was coming home from work, traveling down a side road (and I had the right of way) when a red Acura ran a stop sign. I t-boned it at about 20 to 25 mph. Once the other car recovered, it took off and fled. I followed it just enough to get the license plate # and called 911.

Once the cops showed up and got my story, they said they doubted it was the 70-some year old registered driver who did it.....in other words, it'll come up stolen.

Now I have a smashed up LGT, and no one's insurance that'll cover it....probably meaning I'll have to pay my deductible and they'll get away free and clear Last year it was an illegal immigrant with no insurance that rear ended me and I got stuck with the bill....now it's a stolen car. I've had enough of this ****

Now I have to hope I can find a bodyshop that'll make it new again. I'm a detailing fanatic, so I'm not feeling hopeful, more sick if anything.

Lucky, I wasn't hurt, nor did my airbag go off (I'm glad it didn't 'cause it didn't need to).

IMG_2252_1.thumb.jpg.a529cc5a25c590e68c5dc6e265f145ef.jpg

IMG_2258_1.thumb.jpg.f6d81f7f6325efbeec8dd83e0c9ec7e6.jpg

IMG_2264_1.thumb.jpg.a8efba423e3409cade76b297aee91933.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks! From the looks of the pics hopefully it ill only be a new hood and bumper cover? Maybe bumper support? They can probably fix your bumper.

GL

X

---

bumper, hood, and both quarter panels are shot. The bumper beam inside protected the radiator, but the beam has been bent....the frame rails look fine, but the radiator support is bent and everything in front of the radiator is dead......the grill is shattered, but the headlights and fogs are fine.

It'll be a whole new front clip by the time it's all done.....and my temp sensor is destroyed, the sensor is flopping around.....:icon_cry:

It's still a testament to the toughness of the Subie.

nope, with as hard as I hit him square in the passenger door, it was no 70 year old....plus I'm quite sure it was 2 people in the car that didn't look like they could afford a newer model Acura if you get my drift......

Its always the lowlife scum that can just glide through life, no worry in the world. People who make an honest living are the ones who are always screwed. I'm sorry to hear.

Shiggins-

Damn...so sorry. Have you decided where you're taking it to get it fixed? It has been a long time since I have had to have any major collision damage repaired (knock on wood). I have had Pearson's Auto Body in Shakopee so the rear bumper cover on my wife's Outback twice (no metal work) and have been very pleased with their work (lifetime warranty). The guy who does my paintless dent repair (Juergen's Dent Kraft) works out of the Collison Center in Golden Valley and they always have big buck cars sitting there waiting for repair, so I figure they must do something right. I would definitely get an estimate there if I was in need of work. Roger's Auto Body used to have a good rep, but I have heard some not so complimentary things about them in recent years. Glad to hear you weren't hurt, and it could have been so much worse if the timing was off by a second the other way (you could have been the "boned" instead of the "boner"...hope that made you smile). Take care and everything will work out...yeah I know, easy for me to say. I feel your pain.

Mark

It is still ugly.

Its always the lowlife scum that can just glide through life, no worry in the world. People who make an honest living are the ones who are always screwed. I'm sorry to hear.

exactly. only the rich and losers benefit from the system. the rest of us get fucked over and over and over

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

GRP! :(

Shiggins ... where about in the cities do you live? I wonder if I've seen you about?

I usually make special note of the GRP goodness.

Did you show off your handiwork in detailing last April?

I got rear-ended (not in my LGT) by an illegal from "South of the Border" and he took off as soon as I got out of the car to see what happened. I followed him and so did 2 other people who saw it happen. We eventually cornered him in an apt. complex and called the police. He had no liscense....no registration....no insurance but he did have an open beer (and reeked of it)....which came out of the 12 pack in the back seat....and some "mary jane" to go along with it. Pissed me off because I had to pay the deductable because he was not insured.

Archived