LegacyGT.com

Dealer just offered me 07 specB for below invoice!!!

dr_sharp

I've been 'dilly-dallying' for a month or so now with a dealer in Chicago with a specB. I told them that I wanted one without the spoiler but these are extremely rare. We've discussed removing the spoiler, waiting for 08s, etc. but I've been very, very picky. This morning he called and said that he would give me the 07 on the lot for invoice and with the employee discount. Sticker price is 36xxx, invoice is 33xxx and the employee discount was only 500 or so making the final cost was $32699! This is a GT price on the Spec.B!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the price drops have begun for 07 spec.Bs.

lol

if you're comfortable with the price, go for it. If there's another dealer reasonably close by, take that price to them and ask them to beat that price...and so forth. Someone elses price is dependent on a lot of variables. I got my GT for close to 21k plus the gold warranty, but there were three dealers within 30 miles of each other and I played them against each other, so that was my hook. End of model year, no demand for the car is normally a good time for a good price, and some will have taken advantage of that too. Bottom line is, if you can afford it and you're comfortable with the price/payments, then pull the trigger after you try to get something more, lower price, warranty, free services, etc. Why not try?

I don't know about price but the local subie dealer here in the Quad Cities (Lujacks) not to far from Chicago has a spoilerless spec b if you were set on that.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

I don't know about price but the local subie dealer here in the Quad Cities (Lujacks) not to far from Chicago has a spoilerless spec b if you were set on that.

Haha, i got so excited that I sent you a pm before I even finished reading what you wrote. I will check it out for sure. Thanks for the heads up. :)

lol

Thats GT prices? i got mine for 27,000, thats 5.5 grand difference

Fully loaded GTs run well into the 30s. This, of course, doesn't include any haggling that could be made on GTs... I'm sure any 30k+ GTs left could easily be had for under 30k with a bit of negotiating.

lol

I know of a dealer in Chicagoland that has two 07 spec B's, but both have spoilers. I was quoted for invoice, but that't only because they screwed up on ordering a Sti Limited for me and I know the owne.

SO which dealer again?????????

rant: before you spend $30k+ on a subaru, keep this in mind. 'top-of-the-line' specb comes with a nav system.

nav unit supports voice guidance (i consider it a safety feature), but the microphone($65) is not even offered as an option by SOA.

same goes for the backup camera(not sure about price - $200 maybe?) - another safety feature. The car however is equipped with TPMS -

after every tire rotation, or summer-winter tire+wheel swap monitor needs to be reset through the dealer;

now that i am about to do my own tire rotation, i will have to put up with the blinking light or pay the dealer whatever they want

to charge me, for 5 mins of labor, to reset the monitor. TPMS cannot be disabled :). Car is great - F*** SOA!

BTW, i will post this in every thread in the pre-purchase section, i think it applies to, until i get banned from the site.

In the meantime, F*** SOA.

TPMS -

after every tire rotation, or summer-winter tire+wheel swap monitor needs to be reset through the dealer;

now that i am about to do my own tire rotation, i will have to put up with the blinking light or pay the dealer whatever they want

to charge me, for 5 mins of labor, to reset the monitor. TPMS cannot be disabled :). Car is great - F*** SOA!

quote]

I thought I read in another thread that someone had the dealership turn the system off. They did have to sign a waiver, but they got the dealership to turn it off.I was thinking about if I do buy one, to make that a condition to me picking it up.

The car however is equipped with TPMS -

after every tire rotation ... monitor needs to be reset through the dealer;

now that i am about to do my own tire rotation, i will have to put up with the blinking light or pay the dealer whatever they want to charge me, for 5 mins of labor, to reset the monitor. TPMS cannot be disabled :). Car is great - F*** SOA!

Not true. According to the factory service manual:
When rotating tires, there is no affect on the performance or functions of the tire pressure monitoring control module even if the transmitter (ID) is not registered, however, the tire position displayed on the Subaru Select Monitor will be incorrect.

I've been 'dilly-dallying' for a month or so now with a dealer in Chicago with a specB. I told them that I wanted one without the spoiler but these are extremely rare. We've discussed removing the spoiler, waiting for 08s, etc. but I've been very, very picky. This morning he called and said that he would give me the 07 on the lot for invoice and with the employee discount. Sticker price is 36xxx, invoice is 33xxx and the employee discount was only 500 or so making the final cost was $32699! This is a GT price on the Spec.B!

I just wanted to let everyone know that the price drops have begun for 07 spec.Bs.

Well that's great if you want a spec-b... but you are NOT getting it for GT LTD price. The 07 GT's go in the mid twenties, for a 5MT and a few options. And that is from a dealer in Chicago whom I spoke to last night. the 08's are arriving soon... (summer). I've said this before...but the LGT for mid-twenties is a great buy. For 33K...absolutely not.

Well that's great if you want a spec-b... but you are NOT getting it for GT LTD price. The 07 GT's go in the mid twenties, for a 5MT and a few options. And that is from a dealer in Chicago whom I spoke to last night. the 08's are arriving soon... (summer). I've said this before...but the LGT for mid-twenties is a great buy. For 33K...absolutely not.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Low 30ks is MSRP on many high optioned LGTs... if you read further, you will see that I understand that it is quite easy to get these cars well below 30k

Fully loaded GTs run well into the 30s. This, of course, doesn't include any haggling that could be made on GTs... I'm sure any 30k+ GTs left could easily be had for under 30k with a bit of negotiating.
lol

;1095561']Not true. According to the factory service manual:

sorry. u are probably right , as i don't have the factory service manual...

i was referring to the one i have, since i am only a user :)

from MSA5T0705A143667 Tire Pressure Monitoring System.pdf:

C: ADJUSTMENT

Re-register the transmitter ID when transmitter has

been replaced or tires have been rotated. <Ref. to

TPM(diag)-9, REGISTER TRANSMITTER ID, OPERATION,

Subaru Select Monitor.>

and from MSA5T0705A143662 Tire.pdf:

NOTE:

Vehicles equipped with tire pressure monitoring

systems will require re-registration of transmitter

ID. <Ref. to TPM(diag)-9, REGISTER TRANSMITTER

ID, OPERATION, Subaru Select Monitor.>

this note is to the tire rotation section...

either way, i did my rotation, and don't care if/when the light comes on..

the good news is, i got the JD Power and Associates survey in the mail today...

I just got an '07 spec.B today for what the dealer said was "invoice". We all know that invoice can be whatever that say it is. However, thanks to this site I knew it wasn't far off.

Price Quoted: $32125

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Jedi Master Yoda (I believe he was talking about the search tool)[URL="http://specb.jerkerstudios.com/"][/URL] [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived