LegacyGT.com

Cincy05LGT's 2005 LGT Build

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled the trigger on the new Grimmspeed TMIC tonight after a few beers... I'm pretty excited to see the fit/finish first hand and see what a real core will do with the 16g after a slightly more aggressive retune compared to my current FMS TMIC.

I'm also planning on relocating the IAT to the TMIC outlet now.

It appears the only path to fully optioned lifestyle is a slightly inebriated one...

Also, the FMS will be up for sale upon receipt of the new GS unit.

Edited by Cincy05LGT

I see. According to my mechanic, as long as you're not out flowing the OEM MAF housing he doesn't see much merit in SD.

I just want to protect the engine from heatsoak, especially for autocross and track days. The airbox may be reading ambient temps while the TMIC reads significantly hotter. Anything I can do to get the ecu an actual IAT number seems worth it.

• 8 months later...

Friday Night Lightz was a good time at the local strip last night even though I only got two runs. My best pass was 13.1 @ 104 with a 1.80 60ft, and while not as quick as I'd like, it was satisfying putting a bus length on a brand new Crustang 5.0. That dude's face lolol...

That said, I have some room for improvement. I think the car is definitely capable of running 12's with a few changes to my driving. I was taking each gear to damn near redline (waaay past peak torque). I should probably be shifting at something more like 6300rpm. Second, my best ever launch was 1.60 on a stage 2 tune and OEM clutch. I can afford to be a little more aggressive on the new clutch.

All things considered, I had a blast and the car put on smile on my face, as well as a few others that came over to chat in the staging lanes.

Also, need to address my TMIC heatsoak. I'm currently without any heat shield or turbo blanket.

34815aceb0d5f6148f9c02a7e9596209.thumb.jpg.bc178e6b40ce58c8f1e583eb4e93a9b4.jpg

Edited by Cincy05LGT

Next up: ELH

I want one that doesn't sound like a Honduh. From watching videos, I like the way the Perrin sounds, but I might actually spring for something of finer cloth like Tomei, Greddy, HKS... etc.

Opinions?

Next time you're going up there let me know and I'll try to come up and watch.

A guy I work with races an old Ford wagon (9-sec 1/4s) and I've been meaning to make the trip up anyways.

I won't deny that the design of mufflers and exhaust systems vary between brands, but with pipes I think paying for a name brand is a waste of money unless there's something special about that brand's design. I'm not saying the cheapest knock-off on ebay is the best decision, but unless there are performance advantages of one brand over another (eg. Perrin turbo inlet vs. generic) then go with something modestly priced and spend the savings elsewhere.

A couple days ago my hella horns quit working, so without thinking i just bought a new pair. They were looking rusty and nasty, and the tone has changed over time so they were due. As it turns out, they weren't the problem. The Hella supplied wiring harness corroded completely apart inside the heatshrunk loom on the main 12V supply. ******* criminals.

After a little solder and heat shrink, the new horns are working great and terrorizing idiots of the road everywhere.

I made another small fix to the AUX input cable on my jazzymod since the wires near the headphone mini jack were breaking and killing the stereo jams. I just replaced the whole RCA -> mini cable. Easy fix.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What year? Been looking into picking up an older Land Cruiser or MT 4Runner. Those engines last a lifetime.

It's a 2007 SR5 V8 with some dealer options like leather and sunroof. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't neglecting the LGT now... The aftermarket for it is INSANE.

Edited by Cincy05LGT

I'm considering ditching the FMS catback for something a little more civil. Either it's getting louder, or I'm getting older. Either way I think I'm ready for something new. Besides that, I think parts are gonna continue to find their way onto the car. I'd like to have ID1000's, ELH, and a 20g installed and tuned by Corbin at TiC by next spring. 320whp on pump sounds nice.

Yes, but not on TiC's heartbreaker dyno dynamics. It consistently reads 20% lower than everyone else. It was quite the hot topic when last year's AWDArmy dyno meet ended with lots of butthurt. Edited by Cincy05LGT

Made some progress on refinishing the winter wheels. Just in primer so far. I figure if the final product looks like shit, plastidip awaits. My gf decided to help sand for about 10 mins until her fingers hurt.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/ace60042fb91625787061e603c0fa585.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/b3e2cbaa8c0683208404973ce67eab7f.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/07/78cbb5bc885f7c4ff663cf2abc24a883.jpg

Rattle can rustoleum dark gunmetallic. The "high performance wheel" variety they sell at Menards. Hoping for decent results since some friends had really good luck with it. I'm not spending a ton of time on prep since they're winter beaters.