LegacyGT.com

Rear Door Panel Removal ?

I need to remove the rear door panel on my '05 LGT in order to replace the weatherstrip molding at the base of the door glass and have not found this information with searches or in my copy of the "vacation pics".

I am guessing that the panel has clips that pop into the door metal on the outer edges, but are there also fasteners that are hidden behind trim central to the panel?

Thanks in advance

Pry off the handle with a taped screwdriver. There's two screws there. Top and Bottom. Then pry out the plastic behind the latch and there's a screw there. After that it's just a matter of pulling the panel off. I usually start at the bottom of the door. There's a couple of linkages attached that have a ball on the end that pop off and an electrical plug you need to remove.
If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

It is easier if you have a panel popper. I do car audio, and my motto is that if it feels like you are pulling/prying too hard, you are. With that said, take your time. It is worth it to spend 5 extra minutes than to spend a few hours and a few hundred dollars on broke parts.

^^^ You wouldn't last as a bodyshop guy then. :lol:

I am pretty sure their motto is pry those suckers off with the longest screwdriver you have. At least thats what it looked like they used when my door needed to be repainted. Scrapes and folds all over the damn door and panel.

• 3 years later...
I just did this to attempt to fix the door lock and I had a bitch of a time trying pry off the plastic piece behind the handle. I took off the back right door panel. Never found the problem...

Archived