LegacyGT.com

Where have all the Subarus gone?

I have been on this trip back to California from Connecticut and I am taking the longer southern way to visit friends and family. Since leaving Baltimore and driving through Virginia, Tennesee, Arkansas, and a chunk of Texas, my subaru count is less than 3. I have yet to see another Legacy, Outback, or WRX, the only vehicles I have seen were a Forrester and a B9. I just thought it was wierd that Subaru is virtually non-exisent in these states. I am gonna check for a dealership now.....

lol. thats usually the way it seems on the road. since buying my lgt ive seen only 2 others on the road (meets dont count..lol). and the only other subbys ive seen is a silver wrx wagon up by my work, and an old forrester in the morning on the way to work.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

Next time travel North instead. Plenty of Subarus around here. I see lots of 2nd gen Legacys/Outbacks now that I have one. Have even seen a few '05+ Legacys.

My sister has an Outback Sport, parents have a Forrester and Outback Sedan.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Actually, you see thousands of 4wd trucks here in the south. Probably 50% if not more of all vehicles are trucks or suvs with at least half of those being 4wd in North Florida/South Georgia where I live. I see a hand full of subaru's here, though I haven't seen another legacy except for one that was older. I like it, makes me feel unique.

New Hampshire, Vermont, Mass and upstate NY might as well be labelled Subaru country. Drove up to Cornell university in Ithaca NY and there must have been a Subaru parked in every 8 out of 10 driveways it was freaky :)

Here in my little area of Long Island I have only seen one LGT wagon, silver, come down my street and its a pretty busy street, this was a few months ago before we picked up our 2.5. There are a bunch of Outbacks though, NYC'ers looooove the Outback.

Subarus are quite common here...I think it's a combination of a cold weather winter climate and a well respected dealer. That being said, the Outback models are the most common by far. I see a few Foresters, a Baja once in awhile and a number of Legacy non-turbos. Since I bought my LGT in June I've probably seen 5 others in this community of about 85,000 people.

If you are missing Subarus in the SW just swing by a lesbian retirement community in Dallas or outside Phoenix. Have friends that live in both and the trend is still alive and well.

As for the Annapolis/Baltimore/DC triangle....tons of all models Subarus. Even some older Outback Sedans during my morning commute. Still like the way those look.

Archived